We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Why raining

Which Hua Hin hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Hong Kong SAR
4 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Why raining

Why raining (storm) in Hua Hin between 24th and 29th March 2007?Most of the information said it is not in the raining season.... I will be in Bangkok and Hua Hin from 24th to 29th. Can any body tell the possibility of having the bad weather in the period?

N0m
brisbane,Qld
9 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Why raining

Hey Rubyycc

We are in Bangkok and Phuket the 24th March to the 31st March. I too read everywhere that rainy season doesnt start til June however storms are predicted for every day we are in Thailand bar one.

Can any of you lovely Local Experts give us an idea on what to expect, ie do you have storms that bring rain that lasts all day or do they pass over rather quickly?

Hope it doesnt sound too strange a question, I just know over here when storms are predicted we only ever seem to get them at night.

Thanks in advance

Naomi :)

Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Thailand
Level Contributor
18,140 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Why raining

Ruby, there have been a few storms in the area, I called my sister-in-law who is in Pranburi for the week, which is close to Hua Hin. She told me there was a short 40 minutes of rain Sunday evening, and on Monday afternoon a 30 minute short shower late afternoon.

We may be down there this weekend so I will keep you posted 'on the spot'.

However today was hot an sunny. Which is what it normally is in Hua Hin all through until perhaps mid October.

Weather varies all the time, in general you are right, this is usually a dry time, but weather does change.

I don't trust the forecasts at all !

There has also been some rain down south Thailand.

Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Thailand
Level Contributor
18,140 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Why raining

NOm, the weather in Thailand can be very different place to place, the weather in Phuket is quite different to Hua Hin as Hua Hin is along the Gulf of Thailand coast about 180 km south of Bangkok..

The low/rainy season in the South is usually May-end of October, the weather on the Gulf side where Hua Hin and along the Sunrise Coast however is has very low rainfall except October/November when it can be wet. Otherwise a very dry area.

N0m
brisbane,Qld
9 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Why raining

Thanks heaps Monica, guess we'll just have to wait and see :)

Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
3,943 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Why raining

It rains here. Tropical country and all that. Don't know what else to say. Hope you get the weather you want!

Hong Kong SAR
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Why raining

Monica, Thanks a lot and you make me hope.

Do you think that I should not have any snorkelling on 28th March?

(my plan before I know the bad weather)

7. Re: Why raining

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 August 2009, 22:16
Get answers to your questions about Hua Hin