We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

just back - sofitel hua hin

UK
Level Contributor
126 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
just back - sofitel hua hin

just got back from the sofitel after 6 nights there and it was really nice!! we stayed in a superior room and it was great, it had a really comfy superking size bed, nice bathroom, clean, comfortable - it was really good value. the pools were nice, my fave was the railway pool. we ate at the sofitel and also at the hilton to compare - we found the service at the sofitel much better. the hotel grounds are beautiful and it is so relaxing there!

Tampere
3 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: just back - sofitel hua hin

Hi!

Can you tell me how was the beach? Is it a private beach, or public? I have read somewhere that with the "Club benefits" for 1500BHT/day you get access to private beach. And also some other benefits, did you have the club benefits with your room?

If you didn't did it feel like you're missing out a lot? :)

Others reading this and knowing something can answer too of course!

UK
Level Contributor
126 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: just back - sofitel hua hin

the beach wasn't great to be honest, it is a small stretch in front of the hotel with no sunbeds etc but a couple of vendors and donkeys. it's a small section just for the hotel - anyone at the hotel can go on the beach though not just club people!! other people can walk along the beach though. we didn't have the club room but didn't feel like we missed out at all. however, if it is 1500thb each i think it is very expensive for what you get! if it's 1500thb for the room benefits then it's probably okay, as a couple of cocktails will set you back 600thb and then there is the laundry facility, canapes etc and slightly larger room, although ours was a fine size anyway!

Adlington, United...
Level Contributor
499 posts
274 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: just back - sofitel hua hin

when we stayed at the sofitel we had the club benefits never saw a cnape and thought it was a waste of money.

Tampere
3 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: just back - sofitel hua hin

Thank you very much your answers, i checked about the club benefits and it seems that the price is 1900BHT next year.

So i am definetly not paying that..

Now i just have to decide between Anantara and Sofitel.

Easier said than done, both hotels seem to be very much liked in the forums..

Thanks you!

Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Thailand
Level Contributor
18,140 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: just back - sofitel hua hin

Lindos, glad you enjoyed the Sofitel, it really is lovely.

To compare Anantara with Sofitel not so easy as both very good, as are many others in Hua hin. Sofitel though is right in the town ( as well as being right on the beach ) so you just walk easily for restaurants, shops etc, whereas the Anantara you need to travel by road to and from, it that makes any difference to helping you choose.

S yorks
Level Contributor
24 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: just back - sofitel hua hin

Thanks for that, we go to the Sofitel in September. There will be the four of us - our two boys will be with us. We can't wait. Don't think I would pay the extra.

Anantara Hotel we stayed at last time we went - beautiful hotel it really is. The beach is great infront of this hotel. It is out of town but at a cost of 150bht for a taxi into town each day it wont break the bank.

Cant wait to go back - we are all counting down the days.

Pam

Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Thailand
Level Contributor
18,140 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: just back - sofitel hua hin

Even not staying the Sofitel is lovely to visit even if just for ASfternoon tea, it really is lovely.

Worcester UK
Level Contributor
759 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: just back - sofitel hua hin

I'm not sure the club benefits in monetary terms add up to the extra you pay, but we certainly enjoyed them for 4 days. There were snacks provided all day in the club lounge from after breakfast (which incidentally was also served in the club lounge, and surprisingly had the same level of choice as in the main restaurant) until the end of happy hour in the evening, so I don't understand why someone didn't see any canapes!

The service in the hotel overall was fantastic - we ate at the hotel a few times, and particularly recommend the seafood/bbq buffet ane the French buffet - excellent choice and value. We were not charged at all for our children's buffet meals - which at the ages of 11 and 8 was amazing.

I completely agree with Lindons06 that the hotel is beautiful and extremely relaxing - we kicked ourselves that we hadn't booked for longer.

9. Re: just back - sofitel hua hin

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 September 2009, 10:19