We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Not another Hua Hin weather Question!!

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Not another Hua Hin weather Question!!

Sorry to post this one but I've been really patient but finally I've got to ask; " Does the sun EVER shine in Hua Hin?"

I've been viewing a webcam there for months now and although the weather conditions seem to change on the cam, it never shows just a plain old sunny day.

I'm travelling there from 12th November for 2 weeks.

Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Thailand
Level Contributor
18,140 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Not another Hua Hin weather Question!!

I have no idea what the web cam is showing, I don't know how for 'months' it can show that, Hua Hin until around September often suffers from far too little rain!

It has one of the driest climates in the whole country, the simple answer is that Hua hin gets plenty of sunshine and certainly iver July/Aug/Sept there was 'plenty'!

What webcam is it, would be interesting.

Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Thailand
Level Contributor
18,140 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Not another Hua Hin weather Question!!

Sorry I did not notice the mid November reference, well, that is the time that seasons change around mid October to mid November so there is a fair chance of rain, but it is often short downpours, for November Hua hin averages 5.2 which is less than say Phuket which averages 8.2 in November.

There has been a lot of rain this year everywhere but during the last few months whenever we have gone down it has been fine weather, but we do monitor the forecast I must say, so a mix, but certainly plenty of clear hot sunny days over the past months down there.

cli
Hua Hin, Thailand
Level Contributor
1,527 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Not another Hua Hin weather Question!!

Hi Avidtraveller.

We've now lived in Hua Hin for 3 months, and the sun does shine almost all day nearly every day, cool and cloudy all day yesterday for a change, but the previous 2 days were wall to wall sunshine as it was for most of the previous week. Today, its 8:00am and the sun is shining with just a couple of clouds in the sky.

Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Thailand
Level Contributor
18,140 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Not another Hua Hin weather Question!!

Cli, great to have on the spot weather, nothing beats looking out the window !

As a matter of interest , would be interesting to know how weather is during today to compare with what a webcam shows, could be simply quality of the image ( according to one of my staff who works with computers )

cli
Hua Hin, Thailand
Level Contributor
1,527 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Not another Hua Hin weather Question!!

Hi again Avidtraveller and Monica.

Yes, the sun shone brightly all day today (Thursday), blue sky and white fluffy clouds, had a short light rain shower between 6 and 7 this evening just as we were going around one of the night markets. Perhaps the webcam lens needs a clean, just let me know when you want an update on the weather, happy to look out of the window for anyone.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
93 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Not another Hua Hin weather Question!!

Cli, Thank you very much for your update on the weather in Hua Hin. My self and my wife are heading to Hua Hin,for the first time, in early November and we were beginning to get very worried about the weather situation. On weather underground and various other sites all the summary pictures that they seem to show are great big thunder clouds with rain and lightening. It is very reassuring to know that on days where this was the summary there was nice weather outside .

cli
Hua Hin, Thailand
Level Contributor
1,527 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Not another Hua Hin weather Question!!

Hi Cbates, Avidtraveller and Monica.

Today Friday, again hot and sunny up until about 5 this evening when its got a bit cloudy, hopefully no rain this evening as its my wifes birthday and us and a couple of friends are going to a posh hotel for dinner on the beach with a surprise cake and singsong from the staff - keep your fingers crossed for us.

As for november weather Cbates, I've no experience of it yet but it is certainly going into the dry season then, and rain if any will be less than ever. As Monica has stated more than once, Hua Hin is one of the driest parts of Thailand, enjoy your trip and don't worry about the weather.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
93 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Not another Hua Hin weather Question!!

Yhanks again, Hope the "party" goes well and you all (especially your wife) have a great time.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
93 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Not another Hua Hin weather Question!!

Yhanks should read Thanks ......(Must learn how to type and/or spell correctly at some stage)

Bangkok
1 post
Save Reply
10. Re: Not another Hua Hin weather Question!!

Dear Avid Traveler,

The raining season is about to end (June to October), the best months to travel to the beach here in Thailand, are precisely from November to May. Hopefully you will beautiful sunny days as you are traveling in November.

Good luck.

Get answers to your questions about Hua Hin