We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

good place to stay PLEASE HELP

Which Hua Hin hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
doy
bradford w.yorkshire
Level Contributor
22 posts
1 review
Save Topic
good place to stay PLEASE HELP

hi I did post something earlier but this may give better idea.We are a couple, no kids looking for a bungalow on a complex because we like to mix and meet new people.We also love to just chill out,and enjoy each others company.We are not sad and need to be within say 5 km of town so we can eat out and party.

Phuket, Thailand
Level Contributor
1,389 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: good place to stay PLEASE HELP

budget is not an issue,yes?

doy
bradford w.yorkshire
Level Contributor
22 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: good place to stay PLEASE HELP

Hi Thank You for replying in view of bad rate pound to baht need to think about costs but around 25000 baht for a month is O.K.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
962 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: good place to stay PLEASE HELP

There are 2 of you... correct? You may want to plan on a little more. 25000 is not much for a month for 2 people. Whoa! I took 60,000 Baht for a month and I am by myself.

It's really easy to spend money there. It depends on what you want to do. 5 km away from town - and how are you going to get around? Taking taxis will quickly add up (return) every day. The prices double after dark. The song tows are the cheapest way of travel but they also double in price at night.

Just to give you an idea of what to expect...

I don't drink alcohol. I drink cha yin (Thai ice tea.) And you are talking partying! And you want to eat at restaurants? Did I get that right? You plan on spending 25000 Baht for 1 month for 2 people?

I shopped at the night markets and walking street, ate Thai food and toured. I speak Thai and I get good deals. ...And I eat street food as it's so tasty and cheap. Hmm... I'd re-think that amount if I were you. But that's me. Let me explain further...

I took Taxis to and from airports. Also had to pay for checked luggage in the North. (This is the normal now.)

I like to do tours... It is polite to tip on tours if they are good (80 to 100 Baht.) I also tip 20 baht to the bell boy in hotels or guest houses. This is the only time I tip. I ate at 1 restaurant and left the change as it is expected. I used the BTS and I had just the right amount. 60000 for 1 month and I was by myself. *I did do fabulous tours though.

I do not spend high end prices on hotels because of the amount of time I'm in my room. It was a perfect amount. I had 1000 Baht left over so I put it towards a Jim Thomson silk shawl at Suvarnabhumi Airport on my last day. Perfect amount!

You will learn what your budget is when you are there. It's a personal thing....

What I suggest is dividing your money evenly into 4 envelopes. You will see what you spend in 1 week. You can keep track this way. Than you will know your budget.

By the way... Thailand has just started charging 300 Baht (I think) for each transaction in a debit machine.

Hope this is of some help.

Have a fab holiday!

Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Thailand
Level Contributor
18,140 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: good place to stay PLEASE HELP

Is your plan B 25,000 for accommodation only or for other costs also ?

doy
bradford w.yorkshire
Level Contributor
22 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: good place to stay PLEASE HELP

Thanks for your mail I was looking for bungalow to rent fo about 25000 baht.I know prices in Hua Hin this will be 5th Xmas but my usual bungalow may not be available Thanks DoyTh

doy
bradford w.yorkshire
Level Contributor
22 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: good place to stay PLEASE HELP

Hi Monica 25000 is for rent only thanks Doy

Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Thailand
Level Contributor
18,140 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: good place to stay PLEASE HELP

If it's Christmas time honestly I think B 25,000 for a month it is going to be tough to find somewhere, certainly bungalows there are hardly any, less than B 1,000 a night in high season will honestly be very difficult to find.

Phuket, Thailand
Level Contributor
1,389 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: good place to stay PLEASE HELP

It's possible to find a guesthouse cheaply for 500-1,000 baht/day, but i don't know any bungalow resort in that price range

Also many resorts in Hua Hin have different rates for weekday and weekend

9. Re: good place to stay PLEASE HELP

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 October 2009, 05:02
Get answers to your questions about Hua Hin