We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hua Hin Honeymoon

Melton
3 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Hua Hin Honeymoon

Hi

We are considering having our honeymoon in Hua Hin next August, however we are concerned about the weather, what has it been like this year at teh beginning of August? My fiancee and I like a bit of sunshine!!

Would you recommend Hua Hin as a honeymoon destination? From what i have seen it looks lovely with plenty to see and do.

One final thing, is it possible to have a day trip to Bangkok or would it be best to spend a night there?

Thanks for your help in advance

Kev

Hell, Norway
Level Contributor
13,182 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hua Hin Honeymoon

This year, it has been a bit unusually dry, but there is no telling what will happen next year and the weather this year won't repeat next year. Even with normal rainfall, you should have plenty of clear times and it will always be hot (August is in the monsoon season).

IMHO you should spend at least a few days in Bangkok as there is so much to see and do, missing it would be like visiting France and not seeing Paris. The trip from Huahin to Bangkok is about 3 hours each way so it would not give much time as a day trip.

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
33 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hua Hin Honeymoon

Hua Hin is a small place and you'd be bored quite quickly. OK, I know it's your honeymoon and you'll have other activities on your mind (!), but 3 or 4 days in HH is enough and that includes a day trip to nearby Cha-am.

A visit to BKK is a MUST and can be done in a day for a quick shopping trip if you know where you're going, but as there's so much to see there, I'd suggest 3-4 days with a romantic honeymoon night-time river cruise and dinner thrown in.

You don't say how long your honeymoon is, but assuming 2 weeks, then the remainder of your stay could maybe up in the north around Chiang Mai, or go south and perhaps take a boat from Chumphon to Koh Tao, stay overnight, go onwards to Koh Phan Ngan for another night, then on to Koh Samui for a night or two before returning to BKK and the flight home. That should keep you busy.

Oh, and don't worry about sun - there'll be plenty of that! There may be a few heavy rain showers in the late afternoon and evening around Hua Hin, though, but less risk more south where it usually rains later in the year.

cli
Hua Hin, Thailand
Level Contributor
1,527 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Hua Hin Honeymoon

Hi Enachops, last thing I want to do is pick an arguement with any poster but please take Mr. Fixit posting with a pinch of salt. While there might be a few people get bored in Hua Hin after a couple of days the vast majority do not, one has only to read some of the recent postings of other visitors experiences to come to that conclusion. Sure if you want to party a lot, plenty of night clubs, dance and drink till dawn then don't come to Hua Hin, go to Pattaya instead, but you say from what you've seen it looks lovely with plenty to see and do, then go with your heart and come to Hua Hin.

And do go to Bangkok and spend a few days and nights there, go there first then come down to HH for the quieter side of things - not the boring side of things.

cli
Hua Hin, Thailand
Level Contributor
1,527 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Hua Hin Honeymoon

Hi Enachops, last thing I want to do is pick an arguement with any poster but please take Mr. Fixit posting with a pinch of salt. While there might be a few people get bored in Hua Hin after a couple of days the vast majority do not, one has only to read some of the recent postings of other visitors experiences to come to that conclusion. Sure if you want to party a lot, plenty of night clubs, dance and drink till dawn then don't come to Hua Hin, go to Pattaya instead, but you say from what you've seen it looks lovely with plenty to see and do, then go with your heart and come to Hua Hin.

And do go to Bangkok and spend a few days and nights there, go there first then come down to HH for the quieter side of things - not the boring side of things.

Melton
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Hua Hin Honeymoon

Thanks for the replies so far. We are looking to go for 10 days - 2 weeks and as Hua Hin is fairly central and close to a number of sights and activities it seemed a great destination. Multi centre holidays tend to be more pricey.

Will definately look to do at least a 2 day stay in Bangkok.

6. Re: Hua Hin Honeymoon

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 August 2009, 11:22
Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Thailand
Level Contributor
18,140 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hua Hin Honeymoon

There are lopts of day trips mentioned often, day trip for snorkeling at Koh Talu, the trips to Sam Roi Yot National Park and also for jungle style the Krachen Park.

There are also the usual Elephant Village, plantation and river tours, Phetchburi temples etc.

Choices of night markets, central one plus Grand Plaza. Plenty of restaurant choices.

Also golf and other sports if interested.

August weather you should have plenty of sunshine, some rain but far less than you would get in most areas.

Look at some of the Just Back reports (JBRs) for those who have recently stayed with other ideas of things to see and do.

Motherwell, United...
Level Contributor
3,158 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hua Hin Honeymoon

We have visited Hua Hin twice and found it to be a brill place for a holiday(admittedly not on Honeymoon).It is a lovely authentic Thai town with real people instead of a manufactured holiday resort.It does however have an excellent choice of good and very good standard of hotels, some of which run along the beach. the beach is okay but not picture postcard.

There are an excellent choice of restaurants and bars to suit all tastes and I'm sure you would have a great time in Hua Hin. Hopefully we'll return sometime soon. Jim

Belfast
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Hua Hin Honeymoon

I'm not long back from my honeymoon in Hua Hin and had a fantastic time. We stayed in Bangkok for 2 nights in the Bel Aire Princess Hotel and then went to the Evason for 10 nights. I would highly recommmend it and am just saving the pennies so I can go back.

Portsmouth, United...
Level Contributor
215 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Hua Hin Honeymoon

Spent 10 days in Hua Hin and 4 days in Bangkok middle of August this year and it was fantastic, loads to see and do in Hua Hin and nearby and food and restaurants are amazing, best sea food we have ever had . Bangkok is must, so much to see here too, floating market, palaces, night market.

We stayed in the Hilton in HUa Hin and it was amazing

have a great time and do report back.

David

Get answers to your questions about Hua Hin