We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

December Trip to Hua HIn

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
140 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
December Trip to Hua HIn

Will be in Hua Hin from 21st Oct to 24th Dec and staying in Hilton with my husband and 2 kids. Wanted some more information on the foll

1. Is the market place shopping mall walkable from Hilton ?

2. How is the night market for shopping for handicrafts? We will not be able to shop in weekend market as our days our mon-thur. Very keen to buy Kalaga wall tapestries. Are they available in the night market?

Thanks a lot

Rgds

Hell, Norway
Level Contributor
13,182 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: December Trip to Hua HIn

The night market is walkable from the Hilton, and both shopping malls would be around a 15 minute walk, but plenty of cheap transport (Songtaew) is available. The night market is a bit basic and does not have much in the line of genuine handicrafts.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
140 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: December Trip to Hua HIn

Thanks for the information.For shopping if night market in hua hin is very basic , what if we check out early from Hua hin and reach Bangkok early in day for shopping? Which places or markets will have handicraft stuff? All night markets and weekend markets in BKK also out of question. Any other markets where can buy such stuff ?

Rgds

Asia
Level Contributor
18,140 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: December Trip to Hua HIn

As Dragonc says you can easily walk to the Nigh Market abd agree it is ok but in Bangkok you have just, well, wow, so much more choice.

The night market is open every night.

The Hua hin Grand market is open Thur-Sun but I 'think' during high season it is open evry evening ( Cli, Steve ? )

The Hua Hin Grand Night Market is very local and well worth a visit, you find 'some' handicrafts but again no-where near as much as Bangkok.

You can also browse the old shops up and down around Fishing Pier / Waterfront there are some shops where you can browse and may find some items of interest.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
140 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: December Trip to Hua HIn

thanks . We are not staying overnight in Bangkok and have late evening flight back to SIngapore .This rules out night markets for me in Bangkok . May be I will check on Bangkok forum for day markets where can shop for handicrafts .

hua hin
Level Contributor
134 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: December Trip to Hua HIn

there are three night markets in hua hin,the main one is what i would call the tourist one,quite a good selection of handicrafts,there is a smaller one off poolsuk opposite the boxing stadium,and like monica said the grand night market its started to be open wed to sun now .this is a bigger market which is also a good deal cheaper,not sure what a kalega tapestry is.just googled it and yes you can buy them here on most markets and quite a few shops too,just look around and haggle for the best prices

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
140 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: December Trip to Hua HIn

THanks a million.I am very excited to know that there are three nights markets in Hua hin itself. Solves lot of problems and surely my husband is not going to be too happy about it !!

Asia
Level Contributor
18,140 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: December Trip to Hua HIn

Well he can go and watch Thai boxing !

Steve - so glad you have joined !!

Helps so much for giving tips to people about Hua Hin, I and others do our best but it is 'so good' to have someone else on the spot adding, thanks so much :)

Bangkok, Thailand
3 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: December Trip to Hua HIn

If u have sometimes, why don't you try exploring mareukatayawan-palace or else pleonwan museam? I really love it there. You can google for more info.

Asia
Level Contributor
18,140 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: December Trip to Hua HIn

There are a lot of places to visit both in the town area and nearby and getting around you can walk or if you need a tuk tuk or taxi they are reasonable in price

10. Re: December Trip to Hua HIn

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 March 2010, 04:17
Get answers to your questions about Hua Hin