We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Free Wireless at the Marriott?

Motherwell, United...
Level Contributor
3,379 posts
116 reviews
Save Topic
Free Wireless at the Marriott?

I would like to take my laptop to the Marriott in June to keep in touch with family back home. Anyone know?

Bangkok
Level Contributor
18,140 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Free Wireless at the Marriott?

I hope someone who has been to Marriott can help - but these days a very good chance

Also Hua Hin has FREE 'city-wide WIFI' now: If you have cellphone you can sign-up by SMS

http://www.huahincitywide.com/

Click on English

Click on SMS signup - you then SMS from your cellphone to the number shown and you get a SMS message back with username and password, it's free, the only costs is 3 Baht for the SMS message.

You can use for up to 1 hour but then as I understand you have to give it a 'break' for at least 15 minutes before going in gain.

You do 'NOT' have to do full sign up online, that is only for long term long time usage - you can use the 'SMS sign-up'

I am not tech minded at all my son does it all :) - so although I am happy to use wifi etc I have no concept of the workings at all :) LOL

Bangkok
Level Contributor
18,140 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Free Wireless at the Marriott?

Just keep in mind if taking your laptop if you need any wires or anything just up at Hua Hin Grand Plaza on the main road side is a Computer shop ( next to Halex the Wine Shop )

- I popped in once when my laptop screen went and the lads clicked this and that and in seconds it worked.

Motherwell, United...
Level Contributor
3,379 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Free Wireless at the Marriott?

I'm not too technically minded either Monica and like yourself its always the young who seem to be able to sort out problems with PC's.

I have a Blackberry which has worldwide web access so if free wireless isn't available i will just have to use it. The only problem is cost however. Last summer i used it a fair bit whilst in Toronto and got an unpleasant bill on my return home.

4. Re: Free Wireless at the Marriott?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 July 2010, 05:19
Get answers to your questions about Hua Hin