We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sheraton / Hyatt

Chadderton
Level Contributor
35 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Sheraton / Hyatt

We are looking at going to Hua Hin / Cha am at Easter and can't decide between the Sheraton and the Hyatt. They both appear to offer the same type of facilities but not sure about the location. Can anyone recommend??

Motherwell, United...
Level Contributor
3,404 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sheraton / Hyatt

Hi Tomcat both hotels are a fair bit from the centre of town and would probably mean a Tuk Tuk both ways at night costing around 150Baht each way. The local songthaews only run during the day and are very cheap. The Hilton and Sofitel are very central and the Marriott only slightly further out of town. Jim

Bangkok
Level Contributor
18,140 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sheraton / Hyatt

Just as Jim has already said, Sofitel location and style is excewllent.

To/from town is that bit easier from Hyatt as short stroll to road and the 10 Baht Songthaew / pick up bus route to mall and center, also from Hyatt you can use same south to Khao Takiab. You an also walk to local market etc easily from Hyatt

For secenery Hyatt has the lead as from beach views of Khao Takiab and at night the light of the Golden Buddha etc make it a beautiful location. Close to Sasi Dinner & Show, lets Sea and Supatra Restaurants etc

If I had to choose between those 2 I would go for Hyatt but they are both excellent and both you should enjoy

Chadderton
Level Contributor
35 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sheraton / Hyatt

Thanks Motherwell1991 and Monica4 - that's really helpful. The flights are booked and we're now just wondering whether to stay in Bangkok for a couple of nights first.

Thanks again

Bangkok
Level Contributor
18,140 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sheraton / Hyatt

I certainly would give Bangkok a few days.

You can get a limo / car service from your Bangkok hotel easily.

If you decide on the Hyatt Hua Hin you can use their 'luxury' van transfer service daily from the Bangkok Hyatt to the Hua Hin Hyatt.

You do 'not' have to be staying at the Bangkok Hyatt to use the service but of couse you would need to get your Bangkok hotel to call them to book you on it, then just taxi to the Hyatt. It costs I 'think' B 500 each so less than half what a car service would cost - but don't make that swing your choice, both are great resorts

Because you mentioned the Sheraton and Hyatt we did not bother to mention the Sofitel Centara - my personal opinion the 'Best' and not only right on the beach but the other side you step right into the town center and can walk to night market, over the water and other restaurants, shops etc.

For design the Sofitel is 'classic' being modern equiped yet retaining a 1920's design, dining and facilities superb - worth taking a loook :)

Edited: 04 February 2010, 23:57
5. Re: Sheraton / Hyatt

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 August 2010, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Hua Hin