We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hua Hin-Murky water,Jellyfish and Hawkers?

Plymouth, United...
Level Contributor
222 posts
119 reviews
Save Topic
Hua Hin-Murky water,Jellyfish and Hawkers?

Hi,

I visited Krabi last year and had a wonderful family holiday, however the logistical problems of just getting there mean that i have been considering going to Huan Hin in mid April next year.

Trouble is, whilst doing some research, i found, in one of my usual travel guide reference books (no names) the description of Hua Hin as shown above! To be fair it did say that the Jellyfish problem was during the rainy season!

Can any of you good people please confirm or otherwise this, somewhat unflattering description,otherwise i shall have to reconsider my desired destination?

Many thanks

Hell, Norway
Level Contributor
13,182 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hua Hin-Murky water,Jellyfish and Hawkers?

April is not rainy season - its dry and very hot. Huahin beaches can get debris and jellyfish washed inshore during the monsoon season, but generally its fine during dry season. The main beach is right in the city so its not at its best but still better than places like Pattaya or Patong. A very short distance outside town there are some very quiet and easy to reach beaches including the Pine Forest Park. Hawkers will be found anywhere there are busy beaches, its how they make a living.

Canberra ACT
Level Contributor
232 posts
220 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hua Hin-Murky water,Jellyfish and Hawkers?

We are fairly frequent visitors to Hua Hin and love it. However, if you are looking for a beach holiday then there are better beaches to be found in Thailand. We generally find the hotel pools better than the beach as the water can be a bit murky (not dirty) and yes, there are are few jelly fish around sometimes. Hua Hin is a great place for a relaxing holiday, a brilliant night market with yummy food and good restaurants including seafood ones one the pier area. There are plenty of day trips to do as well. I think Ko Samui is my pick for a good tourist style beach holiday.

hua hin
Level Contributor
134 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hua Hin-Murky water,Jellyfish and Hawkers?

the water in hua hin is murky no good for snorkeling at all,its OK for swimming in ,and a twenty minute drive south there is sea pine beach,hat sai noi ,both nice beaches ,koh koalok about a 45-50 minute drive is good day out very quiet during the week but sometime at weekend has many Thais from bkk,not many foreign tourist well worth a visit.

if snorkeling is what you want try koh jarn a hour drive south or koh talu 3.5 hrs drive both these can be done for 2300 baht on a day tour. but koh i would recommend a night stop over but not cheap

Plymouth, United...
Level Contributor
222 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hua Hin-Murky water,Jellyfish and Hawkers?

Thanks for the replies, chaps however we have decided to go to Krabi again!

Danville Ca
Level Contributor
30 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hua Hin-Murky water,Jellyfish and Hawkers?

We just returned from Hua Hin. If you are looking for a beach holiday-you MUST go somewhere else. The beach is dirty with trash(washed up from ocean and left by the beach bars). There are horses that are on the beach with their owners offering rides. Most of the time the owners clean up after them but we did see several times in the morning that they did not. Also, when they go no. 1 they do not clean that up. We stayed at the Sofitel in a pool villa. That saved our vacation. Very disapointed in the beach and do not understand what others are looking at when they see this beach as being nice. If any questions, please email me.

Edited: 11 October 2010, 01:03
6. Re: Hua Hin-Murky water,Jellyfish and Hawkers?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 April 2011, 06:19
Get answers to your questions about Hua Hin