We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

staying at the hilton in August any ideas

Which Hua Hin hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
england
Level Contributor
73 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
staying at the hilton in August any ideas

We are staying at the Hilton in Hua Hin in August, me, husband and 6 year old daughter. We love to swim in the sea, is this possible here? What day trips do you recommed? Where are the best places to eat? and any other info you can give. We are staying for a week.

Motherwell, United...
Level Contributor
3,055 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: staying at the hilton in August any ideas

Hi Charlie

Yes of course its possible to swim in the sea however the water can be cloudy with some jellyfish around. The pool at the Hilton is lovely and you'll have a great time there and around Hua Hin.The Pool Boys have a lot of fun with the kids including walking the plank with some bamboo poles. A good way to pass a morning or afternoon is to visit the Elephant Village. A fairly cheap excursion where you get to ride an Elephant and feed them as well. Your daughter will love it i'm sure. Also go to Kao Takiab and feed the Monkeys. Lots of fun. I'm sure that Monica and others will have lots more info. She was a tremendous help when we were planning our trips to Hua Hin.

You'll have a great time in Hua Hin.

Kind Regards

Jim

Queensland...
Level Contributor
2,928 posts
144 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: staying at the hilton in August any ideas

Also at the beach in front of the Hilton there are guys with ponies if your daughter would like to ride one. Not sure what price they were charging.

There are also a couple of ponies taken to Khao Takiap each afternoon around 2pm. We went for a wander along the Wharf to the left of the Hilton & watched the local fishing & the children counting their parents bait. Very funny to watch. There are ricksaw's around so maybe you could go for a ride in one of them. These were popular with every age that we saw.

Also before you enter the train station there are some train carriages that the children were checking out.

There is a big lake at Khao Tao & the Temple Thumkhaotao has many statues & caves,steps to explore. It's on a headland with a little fishing village that you pass by to enter the temples. Monks are very welcoming here & young.

I have to say Wat Huay mong Kol is a definate must see. If your daughter can throw a coin into the mouth of the three trunked elephant that will bring her good luck. The grounds are spotless & souvenirs can be bought.

As members have mentioned before in other posts there are so many restaurants around the Hilton & beyond. The usual fast food outlets are near by as well & lots of ice cream parlours.

Lucky you, we have to wait till January to return. Enjoy. CJ

Staffordshire...
Destination Expert
for Staffordshire
Level Contributor
15,877 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: staying at the hilton in August any ideas

I personally wouldn't recommend swimming in the sea in this area. As the previous poster says there are jellyfish and the water is murky but it is also a rocky area which I wouldn't consider safe especially for children to swim in.

There are loads of nice eating places in Hua Hin with good service and at good prices. I would recommend Chao Lays on the sea front. We both had a excellent sea bass there.

There is also an excellent night market with some bargains on within walking distance from the Hilton that offer take away food if you just want to nibble.

england
Level Contributor
73 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: staying at the hilton in August any ideas

is there somewhere to swim in the sea in Hua Hin?

Manchester
Level Contributor
549 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: staying at the hilton in August any ideas

We love Hua Hin,we have a condo there,but If you have been to say, BangTau bay in Phuket with ,turquoise, clear sea,you cannot compare this to Hua Hin,The clearest sea is in front of the Supatra, in Khao Takieb,get the 10bht bus down there.There are sun beds,umbrellas, restaurants,doing thai food and cheese and ham toasties for your daughter.My daughter was 6 when we first went.The water is shallow and accompanied, she can maybe have her first taste of snorkelling around the base of Monkey Mountain,There are small fish and crabs,in the clearer shallow water.All this depends on the tide of course,The Hilton is a great Hotel for her age,even has a small cinema showing Disney movies,if the she needs a cool break from the temperatures.Have fun.

6. Re: staying at the hilton in August any ideas

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 February 2012, 05:32
Get answers to your questions about Hua Hin