We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

anatara upgrade

kent england
Level Contributor
56 posts
1 review
Save Topic
anatara upgrade

Have booked the Anatara for August this year from internet company in UK and got excellent deal on the room. Package includes upgrade to seaview, but would like to know if anyone has contacted the hotel themselfs to get an upgrade to lagoon room and how much the cost was for this. I understand that August is classed as low season. Any suggestions of how to get a good deal with the hotel.

cli
Hua Hin, Thailand
Level Contributor
1,507 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: anatara upgrade

We stayed at Anantara back in September and had booked a seaview room. On checking in we were offered the option of upgrading to a lagoon room, but the price was actually prohibitive, tried to haggle but to no avail. In all fairness though, we were there at the same time as the Elephant Polo World Championship was taking place which was sponsered by the Anantara and the hotel was extremely busy because of that, we know of people that tried to get in during those weeks and couldn't even get into the hotel as it was fully booked. we did wander around the lagoon area and there's no doubt it is excellent - but not at the prices we were quoted which if my memory serves me correctly was around £700 extra for the two of us for 12 nights.

Dunfermline...
Level Contributor
43 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: anatara upgrade

I'm going next month and got a good upgrade deal from them by contacting them direct by e mail a few months before we go. Suggest you do the same.

kent england
Level Contributor
56 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: anatara upgrade

Thanks very much for both posts. I will try them direct and see how I fare. Brigham, did you haggle at all?

Dunfermline...
Level Contributor
43 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: anatara upgrade

Not at all, it was an offer made by the hotel from a request for a quote to upgrade from a Seaview to a Deluxe Lagoon and if I remember correctly it added up to about £25 per day including taxes. Anyway it was much cheaper doing that than booking a Lagoon in the first place. Just get on the hotels website and e mail them from there.

kent england
Level Contributor
56 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: anatara upgrade

Thanks Brigham much appreciated, contacting them right now.

Tewkesbury, United...
Level Contributor
33 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: anatara upgrade

Hi there did you have any luck with getting a quote for an upgrade? I hgave tried to email but as I have booked through"travelbag" they do not have our details as yet as the tour operator books in blocks and they wont have our details until about two weeks before we go. What dates are you going, we fly out 7th aug for 16 nihts.

Have you also got breakfast included with yours? ours is room only, we asked to include breakfast but it was an extra£400 so left it!!!

let me know how you get on.

Linds x

kent england
Level Contributor
56 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: anatara upgrade

hi amberlillie, the hotel quoted around £400.00 in total for the upgrade, there is my partner and myself travelling with our 12 year old son and yes we did get breakfast included in the price, we went their last year at the same time and the breakfast is wonderful as the the hotel. What you have been quoted for breakfast does seem alot. We are travelling on the 12th August for 16 nights.

Tewkesbury, United...
Level Contributor
33 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: anatara upgrade

Thanks for that, see you there then, will have time to settle in by then and see whats what! Just out of interest did you upgrade in the end!

Linds

kent england
Level Contributor
56 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: anatara upgrade

No we are going to wait and see what they offer when we get there. Last time we went the hotel was quiet and again were offered an upgrade as soon as we stepped foot into the hotel, but i can't remember what the price was then. Any way the other rooms were fine.

Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Thailand
Level Contributor
18,140 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: anatara upgrade

Have a look at the other recent posts about breakfast, if you can get it included fine but if not and you find it expensive there is a nearby alternative.

Get answers to your questions about Hua Hin