We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dress code for Club Millesime Lounge at Soffitel

australia
Level Contributor
225 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Dress code for Club Millesime Lounge at Soffitel

We are staying at the Soffitel later this month in a pool villa and have access to the club lounge included. Can anyone who has stayed there recently advise on the dress code (particularly for men). Husband would ususally wear neat button up shirt and 3/4 length dress shorts and good quality leather scuffs (not thongs). Would this be acceptable or do they require long pants and a full shoe? The above has always been acceptable at the club lounge at Shangri-la Rasa Sayang in Penang but at a hotel we stayed at in Singapore they require closed in shoes (but allowed short shorts!!!) We are in our fifties so wouldn't be wearing anything outrageous!!

Thanks for any help with this

Debbie

Mentioned in this post
Shangri-La Rasa Sayang
Shangri-La Rasa Sayang
308 Reviews
Penang Island, Malaysia
Penang Island
Penang Island
Penang, Malaysia
Singapore
Singapore
Singapore
Motherwell, United...
Level Contributor
3,693 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dress code for Club Millesime Lounge at Soffitel

Hi Monkeyworld

Probably the best bet is to contact the hotel direct by email at reservation@sofitel.co.th

They will be able to give you exactly the info you're looking for.

Kind Regards

Jim

Kenilworth, United...
Level Contributor
47 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dress code for Club Millesime Lounge at Soffitel

I stayed at the Sofitel last year in a pool villa and used the club lounge regularly. The dress code is relaxed and what you describe your husband wearing would be quite appropriate. I saw people there dressed in little more than swimwear which I felt was a bit much but you should be fine.

Staffordshire...
Destination Expert
for Staffordshire
Level Contributor
17,464 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dress code for Club Millesime Lounge at Soffitel

I agree. Hubby dressed smart casual and we used it regularly during our stay there.

australia
Level Contributor
225 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Dress code for Club Millesime Lounge at Soffitel

Many thanks for that wendybatch and DaisyEngland...that's a relief to know that

it's not "formal" dress. One other question, when you arrive there is there a separate entrance and reception for the pool villas or do we just go to the main hotel reception? Mr Roong is taking us there so I presume he or his driver would know where to go. Sorry...one more question (it's the domestic side of me asking!!) is there an ironing board and iron in the villa or do you have to keep getting housekeeping to bring ypu one each day. On Sofitel site it doesn't show one as included in the room fittings list. Trying to take as many "no iron" things as possible but will need to iron some things.

Thank you

Debbie

Staffordshire...
Destination Expert
for Staffordshire
Level Contributor
17,464 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Dress code for Club Millesime Lounge at Soffitel

We too travelled with Mr Roong from Bangkok to the Sofitel in Hua Hin. He was very good and prompt. Go to the general reception. They will show you to your pool villa. They have buggy vehicles to transport you from one side of the road to the other.

I can't remember about the iron and ironing board unfortunately. You do get some washing and ironing done by the hotel as part of the package for the villa upgrade though. We always chose the things to have laundered that needed more ironing eg three quarter length shorts or trousers. Leave them in the specific laundry bag by the door in the morning and they will be returned by the end of the day all done for you. It was 2 items of laundry per day per villa when we were there. We also got internet access in the library as part of the deal.

I know you will enjoy the Sofitel. It is the best hotel I have every stayed in. Absolutely wonderful.

Mentioned in this post
Bangkok
Bangkok
Thailand
Hua Hin
Hua Hin
Prachuap Khiri Khan Province, Thailand
australia
Level Contributor
225 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Dress code for Club Millesime Lounge at Soffitel

Thank you for the info DaisyEngland.We arrive at the Sofitel on Monday Mar 28 so not many sleeps now! We are planning to go to Market Village shopping centre on day 1 to stock up on anything we may need, like nibblies, soft drinks etc to avoid the expensive mini bar, although from what I understand ,the extras included in the package like club lounge access with coffee and snacks, we may not need too much!!! The only thing I have to sort out is a local sim card for my phone that includes data so I can have internet access on the move. It's good to know we can use internet in library if necessary. It's a pity that the Sofitel hasn't caught up with most 5 star hotels in Asia and provide free internet access but when I look at what we are getting at such a beautiful hotel, it's a minor inconvenience. How did you get to places that were a little too far to walk, like Market Village? (I don't mean day trips) Did you use tuk tuks or taxis?

Thanks again for your help

Debbie

Mentioned in this post
Hua Hin Market Village
Hua Hin Market Village
737 Reviews
Hua Hin, Thailand
Staffordshire...
Destination Expert
for Staffordshire
Level Contributor
17,464 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Dress code for Club Millesime Lounge at Soffitel

Internet access is free (or was when we went) in the library. It's all part of the upgrade perk. If you have a decent breakfast then you will probably last until nibble time early evening. Plenty of alcohol available and continual top ups. Tuk tuks plentiful just on the road outside the Sofitel. We walked to most of the places but were only looking for a chilled out 5 day stay as we'd already had 5 days in Bangkok with lots of sightseeing. The night market is only around 5 to 10 minute walk away and well worth a visit. Lots of lovely eating houses available.

Mentioned in this post
Bangkok
Bangkok
Thailand
8. Re: Dress code for Club Millesime Lounge at Soffitel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 October 2012, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Hua Hin