We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hua Hin Hotels booked via TravelRepublic

Dunfermline, United...
Level Contributor
34 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Hua Hin Hotels booked via TravelRepublic

Could of questions...

1) Hilton vs Hyatt vs Sofitel -anyone got any views?

2) Booking via TravelRepublic - they have a decent deal on Hyatt but wondering if it's too good to be true.

Thanks in advance

Brian

Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Thailand
Level Contributor
18,140 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hua Hin Hotels booked via TravelRepublic

Those hotels are all very different in style and in the case of the Hilton + Sofitel vs Hyatt different locations.

They are very different so it comes down to what you are looking for.

Hilton is town cente on the beach but the beach is quite rocky, it is a modern tall high rise offering great views.

Sofitel is close by but the beach is much better, low rise classic design 1920's style, more classic chic in style.

Hyatt is about 3 km from town center, on the beach, modern in design and style, great gardens pool area, quieter area towards the south part of the beach

Never heard of that company you mention - they are certainly not from Thailand

UK
1 post
Save Reply
2. Re: Hua Hin Hotels booked via TravelRepublic

We have just got a great price for Hyatt through Asda - actual documents say premier.

Re Travel republic - re have booked a dubai stop over with them. A fab price for half board. Booked and received emailed voucher within 30 minutes.

Emailed hotel to ensure they have our reservation and they confirm they do but it was only B&B. In process of sorting out with them the correct board.

Motherwell, United...
Level Contributor
3,151 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hua Hin Hotels booked via TravelRepublic

Hi Brian

We booked through Travel Republic for the Hilton in Hua Hin last year and were very happy with the service and price we received. Travel Republic have a big online presence and we wouldn't hesitate to use them at some point in the future.

Kind Regards

Jim

ramsgate england
Level Contributor
9 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hua Hin Hotels booked via TravelRepublic

thanks for tip just looked at travel republic site and will use

Dunfermline, United...
Level Contributor
34 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hua Hin Hotels booked via TravelRepublic

Thanks for Asda tip - cheapest yet

Wiltshire, United...
Level Contributor
1,211 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hua Hin Hotels booked via TravelRepublic

Hi. We have been to Hua Hin twice now, but when I first looked into booking a hotel, I opted for the Hyatt. However, when I was at a conference, I bumped into a colleague who had lived, and worked, for a year in Hua Hin, and he recommended the Sofitel. I took his advice and changed my booking, and we are now hooked on the Sofitel. It's fantastic! The Hilton, in my opinion, is ugly, but we don't like modern, high rise hotels, so each to his own. Which ever hotel you choose, you might want to consider the 'club' option, and check the hotel websites, because that's how we have got the best price. Obviously, we booked our flights separately and have found Expedia to be very competitively priced. Have a great holiday.

lancs
Level Contributor
82 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hua Hin Hotels booked via TravelRepublic

We have just come back from hua hin stayed in sofitel amazing hotel booked through Kuoni very good value for money .You will have a great time

8. Re: Hua Hin Hotels booked via TravelRepublic

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 June 2012, 05:37
Get answers to your questions about Hua Hin