We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

car from airport v hotel?

Australia
Level Contributor
472 posts
71 reviews
Save Topic
car from airport v hotel?

Hi I am wondering if it would be quicker to leave directly from the bkk airport to travel to Hua Hin or from Intercontinental Bkk?

Even 30 mins would make a difference as we have two small children and are unsure which way to structure our holiday.

thanks

C

Mentioned in this post
Hua Hin
Hua Hin
Prachuap Khiri Khan Province, Thailand
Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
15,864 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: car from airport v hotel?

Either would be fine. I assume you're still deciding whether to visit Hua Hin first and then end up in Bangkok, or the other way round.

There is no direct transport from the airport to Hua Hin, so you'd need to arrange a car to pick you up. With kids, I'd say the same would apply leaving from the hotel as getting around with small kids on public transport can be a bit of a nightmare.

If you plan on doing any shopping, then leave Bangkok to last so that you don't have to lug your purchases to and from Hua Hin.

Mentioned in this post
Hua Hin
Hua Hin
Bangkok
Bangkok
Thailand
Sunshine Coast...
Level Contributor
2,932 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: car from airport v hotel?

What time does your flight arrive?

I normally arrive in BKK from Australia after midnight so with an arrival time like that I would rather stay in Bangkok first. However when flying back from Europe we normally arrive in the afternoon so it's an easy drive to Hua Hin.

Mentioned in this post
Bangkok Intl Airport
Bangkok Intl Airport
Bangkok, Thailand
Bangkok
Bangkok
Thailand
Hua Hin
Hua Hin
Australia
Level Contributor
472 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: car from airport v hotel?

Hi

thanks for your replies.

We are debating whether to fly to Singapore, Chiang Mai, Bangkok Singapore home or just fly to Bkk-Chiang Mai- Hua Hin (obviously via bkk airport) and home.

We will have a private car transfer but I was wondering if it was quicker one way or the other? ie: from Intercontnental BKK (near Chidlom) or from airport?

We have only ever gone from BKK before.

Thanks

C

Mentioned in this post
Singapore
Singapore
Singapore
Chiang Mai
Chiang Mai
Chiang Mai Province, Thailand
Bangkok
Bangkok
Thailand
Bangkok Intl Airport
Bangkok Intl Airport
Bangkok, Thailand
Hua Hin
Hua Hin
Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
15,864 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: car from airport v hotel?

It would be a bit quicker from the airport, but not by much.

Australia
Level Contributor
472 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: car from airport v hotel?

thanks for that. It makes planning easier.

C

6. Re: car from airport v hotel?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 October 2012, 06:18
Get answers to your questions about Hua Hin