We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Places to see, things to do in Hua Hin

London, United...
Level Contributor
193 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
Places to see, things to do in Hua Hin

Going to Hua Hin for holiday in 57 days and getting very excited!! Going for 2 weeks and Want to hire a car for a week so we can explore further afield, wondered how much this would cost and who to go to. Also would like to hire a sat nav from Avis , what would the cost of that be and also an international driving liscence ?

We are wanting to visit the waterfalls and national park, would love to hear from anyone's experiences of these places and any other sites you think are worth a visit, we don't mind bit of travelling, love food, shopping, history, outdoor adventures, beaches, exploring and learning, site seeing so anybody with knowledge of places worth seeing and things to do in and around Hua Hin we would love to know and if you have any photos of your travels of Hua Hin we would love to see them!!!

We are also going to an island off Hua Hin called Koh Tula, anyone been there any comments, opinions, advice on all the above we want to hear from you!

57 days and counting!!!

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
15,864 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Places to see, things to do in Hua Hin

Sam Roi Yot National park is an hour or two down the road and well worth the visit. 100km south of Hua Hin is the provincial capital Prachuabkirikhan, a quiet small seaside town with the very picturesque Ao Minao (Lemon Bay).

Just south of Hua Hin (15-20 minutes) is the Pine Forest Park on the beach, a great place to spend a few relaxing hours. Its inside a military base but you can go in (Same for Ao Minao).

This page will give you lots more ideas:

http://www.huahin.bangkok.com/attractions/

Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Thailand
Level Contributor
18,140 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Places to see, things to do in Hua Hin

Just posted these of places south of town

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g297933-i11859-k46…

and this includes short video of Koh Talu plus nearby mainland places

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g1566927-i18413-k4…

Edited: 09 July 2011, 03:22
Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Thailand
Level Contributor
18,140 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Places to see, things to do in Hua Hin

Do also go down the posts as there are mentions of Wat Huay Mongkol, Phetchaburi etc

Yes you need an International Permit

Budget Car rental are good:

http://www.budget.co.th

Note that touring around Hua Hin itself the cost of a car+driver to take you around for half day or full day trips is probably going to be less than a car rental, plus of course you have the driver who knows the way and although not a guide as such is always a help and they get you direct to the right places and it helps on language too.

The car+drivers in Hua Hin have maps and photos of all the places and you can simply from those choose which places you want to go and negotiate a price. Many of the vehicle are station wagon style so you get lots of room.

Koh Talu Island resort also provide transport from Hua Hin and back again with 1 or 2 night packages.

Edited: 09 July 2011, 03:28
Collaroy Beach
Level Contributor
64 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Places to see, things to do in Hua Hin

I haven't been to Hua Hin before but I'm looking forward to my first visit there in November. I've bookmarked a few things to possibly do & see ...

Bike Riding Tours

huahinbiketours.com/khao-sam-roi-yot-nationa…

or perhaps this one, Hill tribes near Hua hin! I would never of thought ...

www.memoirsofasia.com/index.php…

Kaeng Krachan National Park

A visit to Ko Kolum. (Monkey Island) to see the crab eating macacque's and perhaps some fishing with the locals.

baan-golden.com/file_eng/activities_eng.htm

Cha Am ATV Park

http://www.cha-amatvpark.net/en/index.php

Enjoy your holiday ...

Melbourne
Level Contributor
2,864 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Places to see, things to do in Hua Hin

actually I'm in hua hin right now. One thing i have noticed is (and i'm at the ic) is that everything seems to be resorts, the only people on the beach are riding horses and imo - it's not a bad place.I like it. Found a nice german coffee house with breakfast 200 baht.

More later.

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
15,864 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Places to see, things to do in Hua Hin

I think I know that coffee shop :) But there are cheaper places around for breakfast.

London, United...
Level Contributor
193 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Places to see, things to do in Hua Hin

Thank you every one for posting , it's going to be a great trip .

8. Re: Places to see, things to do in Hua Hin

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 October 2012, 00:17
Get answers to your questions about Hua Hin