We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Our trip so far.

Which Hua Hin hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
dublin
Level Contributor
47 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Our trip so far.

Hi, We are here now in hua hin, it's warm and a little bit sunny with clouds which is better than direct sun I feel. We started by staying one night in Lebua at state towers un BKK , this was super. We arranged Ms. Na to pick us up on Monday lunchtime, the car was a very comfy Toyota Camry with leather seats and loads of leg room. We watched a movie on the IPad and by the time we arrived at the Aka resort hua him it ended Nice.

We eat at the restaurant first night and that was great. Last night we decided to try Moon smile, it's Defo very popular, I would say the food is reasonable but really great value. Mains seem to be 100 to 250 b, wine is only 100. We then had drinks in a bar on binnabat at the Hilton end, can't remember the name but it's newish and girls wear curly wigs, very nice people there and you get to choose your own music, closet DJ an all. Off to La Grappa tonight but firstly having lunch in black mountain golf club which is really good. Have to go now and rent a scooter to transport us around. Bye

Italy
Level Contributor
39,484 posts
206 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Our trip so far.

Thanks brentaz, great report, am looking forward to your report on "La Grappa"

Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Thailand
Level Contributor
18,140 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Our trip so far.

Have a great time :) It is going to be busy as it is a holiday weekend. The Floating Market is due to official open this weekend. I don't know if we are going down yet but possibly.

Hope weather stays fine.

Oh - have you see the 'Guti' section of Aka yet ? That would be interesting to know.

Gold Coast...
Level Contributor
518 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Our trip so far.

Hi

Thanks for the report, keep them coming. Can't wait to get there in October.

Chrissy

dublin
Level Contributor
47 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Our trip so far.

Great day today, the sun is strong. Yesterday i went and rented a scooter 1200 for 10 days, very handy to get around during the non drinking hours. I went to the Peamai driving range to hit some golf balls , rented a club but I'm still useless. We got the shuttlebus to town from our hotel and made our way to La Grappa. It's a very nice place with outside and air con inside tables which we went for, the staff are great ... Real friendly even the chef made a point of saying hello on the way in. My wife had a veal starter which was Devine, I had a selection of super starters all good. The mains were also of superior quality and the desert was a picture and tasted super. The wine in Thailand is expensive so our bill on drinks was 1500b and 3 course meal with coffee was 2300b. It's a nice treat with similar prices to back home and you can eat really cheaply on Thai food here but for a better dining experience u get what you pay for and on

the way out the chef again thanked us.

Nice move. Went on to Binnabat bar

street and although at first my wife was

unsure about the girls sitting at the door

of each bar when we went in to the Celtic

bar the girls were more interested in

talking fashion with her so all good. We

went to the Hilton which is under slight

reconstruction with a new bar being built.

It was good fun and dancing, I now have

a regular taxi man that waits down the

road, it costs 300b ....I'm sure I could

haggle cheaper but after all everyone deserves a small profit. As Monica says it's mothers day here and the locals are gearing up to party, loads of traffic too.

To answer your question Monica, The Guti is in very beautiful surroundings if not a little remote. It's not as busy as the main Aka and it seems to be more an overflow resort of this one. By the way your many comments on here has really help us thanks. Bye

Queensland...
Level Contributor
2,931 posts
145 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Our trip so far.

You sound very relaxed & happy brentaz. I had a little help from the girls at the Celtic bar choosing some earings one night. Would love to hear more about your time in Hua Hin, tips are always welcomed in my book. CJ

dublin
Level Contributor
47 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Our trip so far.

The weather has been great the last few days, periods of sun then clouds. If it's a tan ur after only 20 mins is all that's needed it so hot. It does rain each day but only for a short while. We had a great lunch in black mountain golf club on Sat, it's a drive from the centre and transport is required. By the way the Banyan golf club is also stunning to have lunch. Great food and great views. Last night we went to El Murphy's and had a great dinner of roast beef like your Mam would make. Just a little break from the spicy food. It was 300b which was great value. We watched the excellent Stonehead rock band and that was super. The football league has started back and they show them all. Not sure where were are going 2nite but will review 2moro. We started our nite early being dropped into town by our shuttle bus at 6pm so we got tuk tuk from there 150b to the Cicada night Market, we had a great time lots to see with art displays, all usual Market stalls however more artisan and not ur usual haggle type. My wife got some nice things. They also seem to have a buffet restaurant in the middle, food looked great but I'm not sure how it works. They had Thai comedy on the stage but most people seemed interested in the young Thai break dancers , they were excellent. Two hours is sufficient here. With loads if tuk tuks to get back to centre.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
962 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Our trip so far.

Is Cicada Night Market the night market located behind City Beach Hotel? I'm bad when it comes to naming markets. ^ - ^ (Actually I meant to say: is it one of the 2 markets there? - The foodie market is located across the intersection separating the 2 markets.) I eat there a lot,,, I really enjoy eating hoi tod, pronounced: hoy tod. ~ It's a delicious mussel pancake with a slightly spicy dip. (Use the dip as sparingly or plentiful as you wish.) Google it and check the ingredients - YOU'LL LOVE IT!

But hey! I don't recall a stage but I usually always have my fill of food than go home. (I've never walked beyond the food stalls to see anything else.)

Edited: 14 August 2011, 18:54
Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Thailand
Level Contributor
18,140 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Our trip so far.

Cicada is at the corner where you go down to the Hyatt Regency ( passed Chiva Som ) so a few km south of town center ( though it expands all the time LOL )

brentaz- behind Cicada is Sasi Show + Dinner, on every night, Thai dance, music, martial arts show with dinner, I think it's about B 780 and they pick-up from the clock tower area, makes a nice evening.

www.sasi-restaurant.com/02_daily_act.htm

http://www.sasi-restaurant.com/04_contact.htm

Edited: 14 August 2011, 19:10
dublin
Level Contributor
47 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Our trip so far.

We found a gem today on our way home from shopping, firstly we went to market village this morning for some shopping and lunch it was nice. we then decided to go on a little run on the scooter to the floating Market, we drove for ages over the fly over and up right following signposts, we seemed to be going miles inland do we gave it up and returned until we have better directions, on the way home past the hospital it started raining heavy so we pulled into Villa Market (not to be confused with Market Village) it's a boutique mall / forecourt with Thai crafts store, pizza place,flower shop,supermarket and Deli restaurant called Deya Deli. We decided to wait the rain out with a glass of red Unfortunately we had eaten earlier as the menu looked great. After the fantastic house reds arrived we decided to try the Mesa platter between us, it had all the best Med starters like hummus,olives, feta,falafel and other delights. We ended up remaking for two hours enjoying the tranquil place it is. Also a really nice lady (the owner I assume) checked on us which was nice. By the way we visited the little shopping centre and it has a great selection of foods and wines so we stocked up, all good.

cli
Hua Hin, Thailand
Level Contributor
1,476 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Our trip so far.

Hi Brentaz, the floating market is actually very easy to find and should only take around 15 minutes even on a motorbike from the town centre. Go over the flyover as you did and when coming to the end of the concrete central barrier do a sharp right hand turn and go back on yourself taking the first turn on the left which is Soi 112. Simply up that road for around 5 kilometres and ignore the first floating market you come to on the left (unless it has miraculously opened for business) and a few 100 metres past there you take the next left and its around 1/2 kilometre up that road on the right hand side. Give it another try.

Get answers to your questions about Hua Hin