We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Just back from Hua Hin

London, United...
Level Contributor
65 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Just back from Hua Hin

We have been back a week now, after spending 3 nights In Bangkok, & 10 in Hua Hin, & have already booked to go back next March.

We used Oriental Escape for the return transfer from our hotel In Bangkok to Hua Hin, & the driver was excellent. Arrived early for both journeys, & was a good safe driver. They are not the cheapest, but we intend to use them again due to the reliability of the company, & the politeness & efficiency of the driver.

We stayed at Cape Nidhra, (see separate report). The hotel was about 20 mins walk to the night market, or 100 Bhat in a taxi.

Recommendations!

Rod Fai seafood restaurant

On the left as you walk through the 2nd section of the night market towards the station. Great fish, tiger prawns, lobster etc.

Mini Farm Kitchen Restaurant

We only went once at the end of our trip, but intend to go again next time we visit Hua Hin. The food & service were excellent, & very good value too. A three course meal for 2 without drinks was 500 Bhat.

Coco51

Nice food & service, but very dark at the tables. It was difficult to see what you were eating. The location is ideal as it is right by the beach, so maybe a visit at lunchtime might be better.

Siam Winery

A great 1/2 day out. You buy your transport ticket from the winery shop which is situated at the rear of Starbucks, which is in front of Market Village.

It costs 300 Bhat each by minibus, & it takes about an hour to get there. You can visit in the morning or afternoon.

Once there, you can buy various packages including wine tasting with tapas, or full meals. You can also tour the vineyards on elephant which was great fun. My mahout let me sit on the elephant's neck right behind her ears whilst he took photos. Her name was 'Hanni' & she was 45 years old.

Tailors Shop.

We used Mike's Tailors near City Beach hotel & had no complaints. I had 2 suits made, & my wife, 2 silk blouses. They have many branches in Hua Hin

Overall, we had a great time, & will be back next year

London, United...
Level Contributor
65 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: Just back from Hua Hin

Regarding an earlier post about transfer costs with Oriental Escape, we apologise for the error, but it DID NOT cost us THB 3600 as we previously said. It was THB3100 for an executive car. On the site there are other vehicles including 2 models at a lower cost than we paid.

Bangkok, Krung...
2 posts
Save Reply
22. Re: Just back from Hua Hin

Just got back from Hua-Hin as well

Even Though I'm Thai but Hua Hin still gets me

Just made this video for those of you who wants to see Hua Hin from a local's perspective

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h_QgbsGK1tk

Level Contributor
36 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: Just back from Hua Hin

I'm off to Bangkok and hua hin in November,Glad you liked it there,how much was the return taxi from Bangkok to Hua hin please?

Level Contributor
36 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
24. Re: Just back from Hua Hin

Sorry,now seen taxi prices,cheers

Level Contributor
36 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
25. Re: Just back from Hua Hin

Sorry,now seen taxi prices,cheers

Level Contributor
36 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
26. Re: Just back from Hua Hin

I'm off to Bangkok and hua hin in November,Glad you liked it there,how much was the return taxi from Bangkok to Hua hin please?

27. Re: Just back from Hua Hin

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 October 2012, 00:15
Get answers to your questions about Hua Hin