We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

best beach spot for swiming and chilling in Hua-Hin

London, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
best beach spot for swiming and chilling in Hua-Hin

I'm spending four nights in Thailand in early January en-route from Siem Riep before returning to London. I normally head to Hat Surin in Phuket however am thinking about Hua-Hin for a beach stay Monday through Wednesday. I've read mixed reports on the quality of Hua-Hin beaches for swimming and relaxing (windy, dirty ....) however I know it's a popular area so I guess I must be missing the best parts.

Any advice greatly appreciated.

London, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: best beach spot for swiming and chilling in Hua-Hin

Forgot to add to above that I'm travelling with my partner and we prefer small boutique hotels.

Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Thailand
Level Contributor
18,140 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: best beach spot for swiming and chilling in Hua-Hin

Best part is Main beach south of the rocky area near the Hilton and that starts from Sofitel heading to the end South beach

To be in town but on nice beach Baaan Laksasubha suites is small group of suites with nice beach cafe/restaurant and reserved beach loungers. Next to the Sofitel

Bit further down Cape Nidra Pool suites ( though in the expensive range ) are very nice.

Let's Sea pool access rooms about 3 km from town center, past the Hyatt. That is small luxury / boutique style.

Comes down to budget as lots of choices but depends on your price range.

Brisbane Australia
Level Contributor
41 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: best beach spot for swiming and chilling in Hua-Hin

Im from Australia where we are spoilt when it comes to clean sandy beaches. I would not swim here. Look for a resort with a pool where you can lie in the sun, maybe with a nice view and sip cocktails.... Locals tell me the jelly fish are here at the moment and they won't swim here either.

Tony

BC, Canada
Level Contributor
185 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: best beach spot for swiming and chilling in Hua-Hin

Not sure if you are interested in a lot of night life. If so, this may not be what your are looking for. But if you want a nice hotel and beach, I would say the Anantasila is an option. About 5 km south of town - it is right on the beach beyond Khao Takiab. Not a private beach, but it is wide and water quite shallow. Anantasila has its own loungers under the trees on the beach. Also have a great restaurant, beautiful gardens and a nice pool.

Transportation into Hua Hin on the Baht Bus takes about 20 min or cabs are cheap too.

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
15,864 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: best beach spot for swiming and chilling in Hua-Hin

My favourite beach in Hua Hin is at the Pine Forest Park about 6-7km south of the town on the main Petchkasem road. Access is through a military camp but its open to the public.

6. Re: best beach spot for swiming and chilling in Hua-Hin

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 October 2012, 15:15
Get answers to your questions about Hua Hin