We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sofitel: villa or suite with children?

Which Hua Hin hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Australia
Level Contributor
465 posts
71 reviews
Save Topic
Sofitel: villa or suite with children?

HI

we are booking the Sofitel for our next trip to Hua Hin and have been looking at the villas due to the excellent reviews on TA.

BUT...

We have two small children and I am a bit apprehensive about having a pool with no fence right there.

And I like a beach view.

So, are the suites roomy like the villas. I love the look and style of the villas but am wondering what everyone thinks.

Please help.

thanks

C

London
Level Contributor
751 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sofitel: villa or suite with children?

HI,

We stayed in an Exec Villas in August with my 6 and 3 year old. We also had concerns about the pool with the kids being so young.

When we got there we made it clear to my daughter (6) that she was not allowed around the pool without us there. She was old enough to understand and also keep an eye on her brother. Both my kids are still learning to swim - so are naturally a bit apprehensive about going in un-aided anyway.

To be honest it never really became an issue. The villa itself is big enough to lounge about in. Also you couldnt get to the pool from our balcony (room 416) and you had to go out and walk around the villa and down steps to the pool - so it was quite obvious if the kids were wandering off.

The lounge for the villa is separate to the bedroom. And it actually works well as it acted like a chill out zone. Bathroom is wonderfully spacious. We had a peek at a split level suite before we left, and the villa definitely has more space - and the villa is very open so 'feels' much bigger as well.

From our villa anyway there isn't a beach view. We were close to restaurant/reception so can't comment on the ones further out.

One last thing about the pool though - it is deep. It is one level at about 1.5m.

So I guess it would come down to how old your kids are and how confident you are with them. We were there for 12 nights and can honestly say the pool safety was never an issue.

Australia
Level Contributor
465 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sofitel: villa or suite with children?

thankyou taposh.

It's good to know about the access to the pool from the villa. Are the children's beds in the bedroom or in the lounge part of the villa? It's tricky to see on the few photos on the Sofitel website.

thanks

C

London
Level Contributor
751 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sofitel: villa or suite with children?

Carls888,

The access does depend on different Villas. As I understand it some villas do have their pools right outside. So if you do go ahead with booking it would be worth asking the question of what is available.

The Villa is setup for 1 king size bed only. The lounge has two fixed sofa's which can be setup as beds (pillows, duvets etc are stored underneath).

We were offered the option of setting up a folding bed in the main bedroom, but with our kids being small we all just slept in the main bed...............

It is a MASSIVE king size. Seriously we all fit in without any problems !

Staffordshire...
Destination Expert
for Staffordshire
Level Contributor
15,643 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sofitel: villa or suite with children?

My only concern over this is the fact that the 'other' bedroom to the main bedroom is separate. It was in our villa anyway and I'm not sure if all villas are planned the same. The main bedroom is huge as is the bed and adjoins the dressing room and bathroom. The lounge is out of the main part of the villa and around the corner and it is this lounge that people use for the second bedroom. The pool is down some steps off this lounge area, so the lounge is closest to the pool and if the adults were sleeping in the main bedroom you would not know what was happening in the lounge. As Taposh says the pool is deep. If I had very small children I would try to allocate them within the main bedroom area as the bed is big enough to fit 4!! If your children are slightly older and you feel as though you can trust them not to wander when your back is turned then using the lounge as a bedroom would be an option.

5. Re: Sofitel: villa or suite with children?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 October 2012, 20:17
Get answers to your questions about Hua Hin