We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hua Hin Massages

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
4 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Hua Hin Massages

Hi everyone,

Was wondering if any one could recommend good massages in Hua Hin? I'm staying at Petchkasem road, near the Market Village.

Addresses and recommended masseuse are welcomed, thanks for your help!

Mentioned in this post
Hua Hin
Hua Hin
Prachuap Khiri Khan Province, Thailand
Hua Hin Market Village
Hua Hin Market Village
737 Reviews
Hua Hin, Thailand
Penrith, Australia
Level Contributor
209 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hua Hin Massages

Yes....I would definitely love recommendations as well. I am staying at the Centara....can't wait!

cli
Hua Hin, Thailand
Level Contributor
1,527 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Hua Hin Massages

I assume that you both mean "normal massages" then be a little careful where you go and certainly avoid any in the Bintabhat and bar area and others that might look a little our of sorts, having said that there are also many where you will get normal massage and spa treatment.

I have a least two a week and can highly recommend Jasmine Spa at Takiab next door to the Tesco Express near the Hyatt, another excellent spa is Nicha Spa down by the fish market next door to Buffalo Bills, I know all the staff and owners very well at both places. Another very good and popular one is Night and Day up in the night market, does look a little in need of some TLC itself but you get really good treatment there and the price is very good, and its very popular with the Thai's which in itself is a good recommendation.

There are many others around along by the Hilton and Centara most highly reputable and I've had good treatment in them all over the years I've been here. Look for certificates on the walls which gives a good guide to if they've had some proper training although a certificate doesn't always mean they are good at it.

Look to pay around 250 for a Thai massage, 350-400 for oil, around 500 for a body scrub or study the menu's for other treatments on offer which can vary greatly from place to place and generally avoid the hotel spa's unless you really want to pay over the odds. The owner of Jasmine Spa actually has qualifications from Chiva Som which is as good as it gets and as she jokes with me I'm getting Chiva Som Quality at a fraction of the price.

Enjoy them - I do.

Staffordshire...
Destination Expert
for Staffordshire
Level Contributor
17,464 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hua Hin Massages

The Centara do their own. There is a variety of choice so you need to ensure that you choose the massage that is what you want. Unfortunately when we were staying there we booked the wrong one and I ended up with the lady walking all over me when I would have preferred a hand and oil massage. Was aching for days after.

Penrith, Australia
Level Contributor
209 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hua Hin Massages

Thanks for that info....definitely something I'll make sure of. I don't think I want anyone walking on me either. LOl

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
4 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hua Hin Massages

Thanks all for your recommendations! also, thanks for the pricing list and the masseuse recommendations too :)

I'm sure i will have a great time too!

Scotland
Level Contributor
20 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hua Hin Massages

My favourite is the one on the rocks up by the Golden Budda at Nong Kae. Walk through the market from here http://goo.gl/maps/FxS5 and the place is up the hill on the left. An outdoor massage with a great view

Scotland
Level Contributor
181 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hua Hin Massages

I found an amazing massage place at the night market (Grand Plaza). I can't remember the name. It is on the left hand side if you are facing away from the road, next to the hotel at the back. A couple of quid more expensive than the usual places but for £10 you get a really nice Thai massage and they give you pj's to change into. The foot massage is amazing too and they wash your feet first (which cheaper places don't) which is great after traipsing about in the heat.

cli
Hua Hin, Thailand
Level Contributor
1,527 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Hua Hin Massages

vikkivicks, you'll find that more massage places do wash your feet than don't and has nothing to do with the price paid, the difference being that the cheaper places will bring water with lemon slices to you in a plastic bowl and posher places have a floor sink and I've been to posher places that don't have the facility nor do they bring out a plastic bowl either.

Christchurch
Level Contributor
81 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hua Hin Massages

Hi

I am in Hua Hin at present and just had an oil massage at Nicha Spa as you suggested and it was fabulous. Thanks Cli for the recommendation.

Edited: 05 July 2012, 12:01
Mentioned in this post
Hua Hin
Hua Hin
Livingston, United...
Level Contributor
130 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Hua Hin Massages

Just back from Hua Hin last week. Had 8 massages over 10 days. The best I'd had were at Elephant massage on Naresdamri Road and O Zen on Chomsin Road. O Zen is a wee bit run down and basic but I had 5 wonderful massages there. I'd give anywhere on Poonsuk Road a miss especially between Soi 55 and 57. Too much arm twisting for oil massage.

Mentioned in this post
Hua Hin
Hua Hin
Get answers to your questions about Hua Hin