We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which one ? Centara or Anantara?

Which Hua Hin hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
manchester
Level Contributor
1,840 posts
185 reviews
Save Topic
Which one ? Centara or Anantara?

Cannot decide which one. I have stayed at the Anantara twice before and absolutely love the tropical feel, the beautiful breakfast and the beautiful pool. I am going back to HH in June , just for 3 nights and am trying to decide if I should have a change and stay at the centara? Which one would you choose and why ? thanks in advance.

Wiltshire, United...
Level Contributor
1,203 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which one ? Centara or Anantara?

Well, I would choose the Centara, if only for its central location and a change of scenery. Personally, I love the Centara - it's hard to beat, and we haven't managed it yet. Although, increasingly we are opting for small, boutique hotels rather than chains. That said, if you are going back to Hua Hin, it would be a great pity not to stay at the Centara at least once. It's also worth upgrading to the Club, particularly, if like me, you enjoy the odd glass of wine or two.

Incidentally, the grounds are also superb and website doesn't do it justice. Good luck with your choosing - what a great problem to have!

Mags

manchester
Level Contributor
1,840 posts
185 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Which one ? Centara or Anantara?

Yes Mags it is such a big problem lol ... I must admit it is the location I much prefer at the centara , probably wouldn't do club as I hardly drink , can you tell me exactly how long it would take for example to walk from the Centara to the Hilton hotel please ?

Wiltshire, United...
Level Contributor
1,203 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Which one ? Centara or Anantara?

Hi Shirley - 5 minutes? Possibly a little more, but they are very close. The Centara is very Thai in character, and has that tropical feel as well - also very, very hard to leave!

Mags

Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Thailand
Level Contributor
18,140 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Which one ? Centara or Anantara?

I would certainly go for the Centara, Sofitel entrance to Hilton just a few minutes.

manchester
Level Contributor
1,840 posts
185 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Which one ? Centara or Anantara?

Brilliant , centara here I come, thanks for your replies, we were last in HH in 2007 so looking forward to it very much , it was a toss up between bophut in Samui or HH , decided we would find it less hassle on arrival to taxi down to HH rather than check in for a flight to Samui, taxi much cheaper than flight too :)

Wiltshire, United...
Level Contributor
1,203 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Which one ? Centara or Anantara?

Hi Shirley - yes it's a easy journey, and I think it would be impossible not to fall in love with the Centara. Although, it will always be the Sofitel to us.

Funny enought, we are staying in Bophut this Easter for two weeks, but have also booked 16 nights in Hua Hin for July. Can't wait for both!

Mags

manchester
Level Contributor
1,840 posts
185 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Which one ? Centara or Anantara?

Lucky you Mags, I love Bophut which is why I found it difficult to decide where to go....I have been trying to get to Ko Phangan for a few years now, so this is my itinerary..

3 nights HHH

3 nights Ko Tao

6 nights Ko Phangan

3 nights Bangkok.

Can't wait ..my fave place in Thailand is actually Ko Chang , but I would never go there in the summer months.

Wiltshire, United...
Level Contributor
1,203 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Which one ? Centara or Anantara?

What a brilliant itinery. I've never been to Koh Chang, but always looking out for new places to visit.

Mags

manchester
Level Contributor
1,840 posts
185 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Which one ? Centara or Anantara?

After 10 visits to Thailand I am still looking for new places Ko Lipe is on my to do list but again only for winter ...my first visit to LOS was back in 99 and I fell in love instantly , I went to Jamaica for a change last summer but Thailand is way better IMO.

Mumbai (Bombay...
Level Contributor
189 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Which one ? Centara or Anantara?

hi Maga i loved your reply on centara ..thats really helped me sort my thoughts..many thanks..i am not much of a drinker, but we want a central location, and as per whay you have said, centara is a must for one time ...so can you please syggest how i can stay in the same room with my 2 teenage daughter, which room type will be able to accomodate us 3, do you have any idea?i will also check with the hotel..any other suggestion, input on a 5 day visit to HH for the first time with 2 teeage daughters who would love close by shopping, eating and people watching...not too far from the center please...many thanks lol..

Get answers to your questions about Hua Hin