We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Centara: pool villa or suite?

Which Hua Hin hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Australia
Level Contributor
465 posts
71 reviews
Save Topic
Centara: pool villa or suite?

Hi,

what a difficult question! LOL.

But as a family with two children, aged 3 and 6, would you stay in a pool villa, deluxe club room or junior suite?

I love the style of the pool villa but it does have the bedroom seperate and you need to walk past the pool as far as I can tell. Is that correct? I would hate for one of the children to fall in.

Also, do the club rooms/junior suites have sea views from the balcony?

Thanks to you in advance.

Staffordshire...
Destination Expert
for Staffordshire
Level Contributor
15,667 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Centara: pool villa or suite?

The larger villa (I'm guessing this would be the pool villa) does have the bedroom separate to the main area of the villa in which the main bedroom is. The bedroom doubles up as a lounge and there are two long seats in there on either side of the room and a TV but no you don't have to walk past the pool to get to it. You walk out of the main villa, around the corner and then you have an area where you can prepare drinks (and I think an outside shower, but we didn't use it) and opposite this is the lounge/bedroom. Then there are a couple of steps and you reach the pool.

We absolutely loved the privacy of the villa, but if I were taking 2 children aged 3 and 6 I would not want them staying in the separate bedroom. You cannot see them and they could walk out of the room and down to the pool.

London
Level Contributor
751 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Centara: pool villa or suite?

We had this exact dilemma a couple of years ago. At the time our kids were about to turn 3 and 6.

Description pretty much as Daisy describes, however the separate lounge/bedroom is the premium deluxe pool villa. I think the deluxe pool villa is a master room only. We did go with the Premium Deluxe Pool Villa in the end. We weren't going to ever have the kids in the lounge as their bedroom as it is a separate room. I would say the master bedroom would be large enough to stick a rollaway bed in. But in the end we all just lumped it together in the same (massive !) bed.

We also had reservations about the pool. We had picked the villa for the space (size of master + lounge) rather than having our own pool. The pool (in our villa anyway) wasn't directly accessible from the bedroom - you had to go round corner and down some steps so you couldn't just walk out into it.

Fortunately our kids were old (mature ?!) enough to understand danger and it wasn't ever really a problem of them going for a sneaky swim or falling in. I would say we were generally vigilant rather than paranoid. We are thinking of doing a few days in HH this year, and trying to get the same room type again - price being the main factor - the safety around the pool isn't a factor in our decision of whether to go or not.

However last word of advice/warning though. The pool is deep. Its about 8 feet deep throughout.

I think only you know your kids and how conscious you would be around the property.

Edited: 10 February 2013, 13:30
Australia
Level Contributor
465 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Centara: pool villa or suite?

Thanks for your responses.

The hotel have stated that we would have to stay in the pool villa with the seperate lounge as that will hold 2A2C, the other villas only hold 2A1C.

I love the style the villas are decorated in but DH wants to have a balcony and not be in a compound with walls as such, hopefully have a view instead.

I think that the main wing club section will be for us this time, we'll just have to come back again and do the pool villa another time.

I appreciate your comments.

4. Re: Centara: pool villa or suite?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 February 2014, 06:17
Get answers to your questions about Hua Hin