We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What is your favourite hua hin eating place?

Which Hua Hin hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
manchester
Level Contributor
1,820 posts
182 reviews
Save Topic
What is your favourite hua hin eating place?

Do any of you regulars have a certain restaurant that you consider a 'must visit ' ? I am just getting some ideas for my forthcoming trip , we are staying at the centara so would be very interested in places near to there, thanks in advance.

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
2,691 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: What is your favourite hua hin eating place?

How long is a piece of string? There are so many eating places in HH that if you visited a different place every night, you would never go to the same place again in literally years. We went to the Hua Hin 94 last night and found it was a great eating place and said we must go there tonight. We have said this before and when I jump in the car no doubt we will try somewhere different.

By the way, the Lost Cafe is great, but so is the cicada night market with loads of different options at good value prices. The cicada is open 3 nights a week (Friday to Sunday) and is situated on the main road at the entrance to the Hyatt and accessible using the Green Bus (10 bahts). The Lost Cafe that gets good reviews and is 100 metres on the left just before the cicada market.

I would suggest you do not confine yourself to eateries near your hotel, because you might miss out on that little place you might want to go to again.

cli
Hua Hin, Thailand
Level Contributor
1,379 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: What is your favourite hua hin eating place?

Have to agree entirely with Gunrunner, as a permanent resident for many years, if we were to go out every single night in our past years here we would still have only visited a small percentage of places to eat. On top of that you frequently have places closing for various reasons and new ones opening and do you want to spend 50 Baht or 2000+ Baht for a meal, falang food or Thai food, posh surroundings or very basic like eating on the pavement and so the choices and options go on.

Simply try any place that appeals to you and don't be put off purely on looks, some of the scruffiest or basic looking can also do the best food.

Wiltshire, United...
Level Contributor
1,201 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What is your favourite hua hin eating place?

Hi Shirley.

We like to go to the jetty restaurants at least once when in Hua Hin - our favourite is Songthai. It's not the most aesthetic, but has a great atmosphere and we love the food. It's the last one on the left.

We also love eating in the Night Market and our favourites are: Rod Fai and Chilli Bird. We love seafood, and you get to choose your own fish, for a very reasonable price. We particularly like fried fish with chilli. Our favourite restaurant however, is Mini Farm Kitchen, which is not on TA. It's a tuk tuk ride away - near the Grand Hotel and over the railway tracks. It's a garden setting, on the road - not particularly pretty, but very friendly and cheap. There's also another market nearby, which is again cheaper than the main market. Great for shoes!

This July, we intend to try out the restaurants in Khao Takiab, and are looking forward to trying Madame Greens. However, one restaurant we won't be rushing back to, is Baan Isara. We felt we got ripped off there, but the food was good.

Perhaps we are biased, but we reckon Hua Hin has the best food we have had in Thailand, and generally very reasonably priced. When we are there, we often go without eating any meat based dishes, and I am a bit of a carnivore! Lols.

Gunrunner, the Lost Cafe sounds great, and I'll add it to our list!

Mags

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
6 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What is your favourite hua hin eating place?

We have been to hua hin several times staying at the centara (it used to be the sofitel). Our most recent visit was for new year. We have always loved eating at the night Market and pier restaurants but this time the markets were so busy compared to normal so we ate in town a bit more. We found Na Na and ate there several times. The whole sea bass with lime and chilli was delicious and every meal we enjoyed and thought to be good value for money. Na Na is on TA restaurants in hua hin. You will have a great time, we can't wait to go back!

Motherwell, United...
Level Contributor
2,832 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: What is your favourite hua hin eating place?

Hi all

We love eating in the night market but there are lots of places to eat and we never tire of trying new ones.

Every visit to Hua Hin makes us return to Bam Bam which is close to the temple. How they manage to provide amazing food from a tiny little kitchen astounds me. Roll on June.

Kind regards

Jim

manchester
Level Contributor
1,820 posts
182 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: What is your favourite hua hin eating place?

Thankyou so much everyone for your replies, I cannot wait to try some of your suggestions out :)

Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Thailand
Level Contributor
18,140 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: What is your favourite hua hin eating place?

Madam Green in Khao Takiab Village is interesting if you want seafood, quite 'rustic' in appearance, don't expect a wine list or anything, very simple and basic but amazing seafood, sit upstairs early evening, very nice and nice atmosphere

Let's Sea past the Hyatt is modern style overlooking the beach, can be pricey, but nice location and style

Wiltshire, United...
Level Contributor
1,201 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: What is your favourite hua hin eating place?

Thanks Monica. That sounds perfect for us, and can't believe we haven't ventured out there before! We do enjoy the odd glass of wine, but will have to cope with beer on this occasion. Oh life is tough!

Mags

Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Thailand
Level Contributor
18,140 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: What is your favourite hua hin eating place?

Just noticed that there are some reviews

tripadvisor.com.au/Restaurant_Review-g297922…

Tel: (032) 512 233

Khao Takiab ( beyond the ridge )

khaotakiab.com/khao-takiab-restaurants.htm

Let's Sea: upmarket prices but nice , packed weekends as soo too is Madame Green

http://www.letussea.com/dine-al-fresco/

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
205 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: What is your favourite hua hin eating place?

KO seafood inside the grand night market. I eat there most of the time whenever i am in Hua Hin. Fresh and cheap seafood. Its alwys packed on weekends. U must try their grilled prawns not the tiger prawns though and also the grilled fresh scallops with cheese only 150bht for 10 pieces.

I had also eaten a few times at Let's Sea. Prices and portion are not great value but i love the ambience and there's a bar with a good variety of drinks.

Fuji Japanese at the Market Village. A cheap and good thai chain restaurant serving quality japanese food. Go there for lunch sets which are even cheaper.

Ok time for me to plan another trip to my favourite short holiday destination .....

Get answers to your questions about Hua Hin