We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather in Hua Hin last 2 weeks of August

Which Hua Hin hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
11 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Weather in Hua Hin last 2 weeks of August

Hi guys, am considering going to Hua Hin for a relaxing (with culture) 2 weeks at the end of August. The girlfriend is worried about the rain at that time, as she would like to spend time sunbathing on the beach/by the pool.

What weather would I expect at that time? Is it just a case of 30 mins rain in the afternoon or days and days of rain?

I know it's difficult to predict, but the norm would be just fine.

Thanks in advance.

Windsor, United...
Destination Expert
for Kanchanaburi
Level Contributor
20,675 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather in Hua Hin last 2 weeks of August

Hi,

Here are some weather stats for Hua Hin (in case you haven't seen them):

www.holiday-weather.com/hua_hin/averages/

Of course, you can expect rain and you will certainly be able to spend time sunbathing.

cli
Hua Hin, Thailand
Level Contributor
1,443 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather in Hua Hin last 2 weeks of August

It could be anything from completely dry to a shower on a daily basis but you will still get many hours of sunshine. And what with the worlds weather systems seemingly in a mess its just about impossible to predict other than a few days in advance. Just be assured that Hua Hin is the driest part of Thailand.

manchester
Level Contributor
1,842 posts
185 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Weather in Hua Hin last 2 weeks of August

I have been twice to HH in August , the first visit we stayed only for 3 nights, in that time we had 1 very heavy shower which lasted about an hour.

The next time we stayed for 10 nights and it only rained once and that was though the night, I would hesitate to go to HH in August, I am sure there will be lots of sunshine :)

Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Thailand
Level Contributor
18,140 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Weather in Hua Hin last 2 weeks of August

One of the driest bach areas at that time, you may get a short rain shower late afternoon or at night but that is about it. Otherwise should be hotel dry sunshine

London
Level Contributor
751 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Weather in Hua Hin last 2 weeks of August

Went late August a couple of years ago. Across 2 weeks it rained 3 times. I wouldn't let it worry you. We travelled with 2 small kids, and I don;t think we ever packed rain macs etc and let it bother us.

Level Contributor
11 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Weather in Hua Hin last 2 weeks of August

Thanks for all the responses guys. My gf is still undecided though. She's wanting lots and lots of sunshine! Still convincing her of course...

Level Contributor
11 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Weather in Hua Hin last 2 weeks of August

Woohoo - flights booked!! Thinking of taking the two weeks further down though. Maybe Pranburi or Bang Saphan. The beaches look much nicer down there, and we will hire a car from Bangkok anyways. Want tropical beaches with not many people, and with a car, we can travel to wherever. Excited :-)

Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Thailand
Level Contributor
18,140 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Weather in Hua Hin last 2 weeks of August

Those beach arreas along the coast are nice and decent places to stay, perhaps think about hiring a car once in Hua Hin as good to stay a couple of nights at start and end of trip.

Those areas are quiet but very nice

Edited: 07 July 2013, 12:30
9. Re: Weather in Hua Hin last 2 weeks of August

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 July 2014, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Hua Hin