We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay Hua Hin or Ao nang

Which Hua Hin hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
sydney
Level Contributor
35 posts
Save Topic
Where to stay Hua Hin or Ao nang

My husband and myself are organising a Thailand holiday for Aug 2014 want to visit Bangkok, chiang Mai but can't decide between Hua Hin or Ao Nang.

We have been to Phuket a few years ago so wanted somewhere different we like the beach but not the most important requirement and my husband loves to fish so am looking for a more cultural atmosphere any help you can give me would be great.

Also flying in from Sydney to Bangkok any suggestions on where to stay first Bangkok or head straight up to Chiang Mai and then to Ao Nang or Hua Hin and do Bangkok last before heading home. any help on airlines can we fly direct to Krabbie from Chiang Mai as you can see am a bit confused as to what way of doing this holiday. Thanks any help would be greatly appreciated.

manchester
Level Contributor
1,840 posts
184 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to stay Hua Hin or Ao nang

My recommendation would be Hua Hin, as the weather in Aonang could be very wet. I have been to HH in the summer 3 times, apart from the occasional shower it has been beautiful and sunny. The beach isn't great but there are some beautiful hotel pools to enjoy. Also it's an easy 2.5 hrs transfer by road from Bangkok. There is a wide variety of restaurants and a great night market too.

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Thailand
Level Contributor
8,901 posts
156 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to stay Hua Hin or Ao nang

My vote would go to Hua Hin, nice laid back place. I would suggest staying a little out of town along the beach and getting a taxi or walking along the beach in the eveinings as the beaches close to the town get quite busy with kite surfers etc.

tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Review-g297922-d5806…

Above link may be of interest to you.

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
2,691 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to stay Hua Hin or Ao nang

I would also recommend Hua Hi. As has been previously said it is around 3 hours at the most taxi ride from Bangkok or its airport. There is a lot to do and it has more of a laid back culture associated with the Thai culture. This time of the year there is more of the beach exposed, so I would look to get a hotel away from the centre towards the south beach in the area known as Khao Takiab.

Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Thailand
Level Contributor
18,140 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to stay Hua Hin or Ao nang

Hua Hin makes an easy choice to mix beach with culture and nature, there are lots of hotels and resorts to choose from depending on your budget, you can stay walking distance from town center or along the beach

sydney
Level Contributor
35 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Where to stay Hua Hin or Ao nang

Thanks all for your help have decided on Hua Hin any help on best way to go, doing chiang mai and Hua Hin but are flying into Bangkok from sydney hot sure on what order to do would it be best to leave bangkok till last

manchester
Level Contributor
1,840 posts
184 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Where to stay Hua Hin or Ao nang

I have been to Thailand many times . On my first few visits I always stayed in bangkok first. I now prefer to leave it until the end of the holiday so I can stock up on shopping without having to take it all around Thailand with me.

Canberra, Australia
Level Contributor
122 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Where to stay Hua Hin or Ao nang

Hua Hin is a gem in my opinion and we are returning for a family holiday in a couple of weeks. We are staying at the Grand Centara in the premium deluxe villas as we wanted the convenience of strolling around the town and the privacy of a resort with beautiful pools and gardens. We will be 6 adults and 6 children from 8 down to 1 (including 2 year old twins). Have stayed in both places and Hua Hin wins hands down.

8. Re: Where to stay Hua Hin or Ao nang

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 July 2014, 06:18
Get answers to your questions about Hua Hin