We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Whats along Soi 94?

Colorado Springs...
Level Contributor
35 posts
116 reviews
Save Topic
Whats along Soi 94?

Hi!

Have stayed along Soi 94 during past 6 months? If you did, please tell, what services can be found along the Soi 94 between railway and Petchakasem rd.. Shops, restaurants, bars etc.

Also half a mile on the west side of the railway.

Thanks in advance!

Torrevieja, Spain
Level Contributor
260 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Whats along Soi 94?

Hi, from Petchakasem road going up soi 94 you have the new G hotel & shopping mall. It has a good supermarket, chemist & a money changer also. Opposite is a local shop, which looks like it's a coconut shredding place too. Then you come along a couple of friendly bars, massage & laundry shops. There's a big shop with birds in cages & men sat outside watching the tv & chatting. Our favourite Indian restaurant S & S. Think there are a couple of other little cafes as well. A few little shops & places to buy water,beer & things. The Smile resort hotel is on the corner with Terrace 90 restaurant along the little road beside it which runs into soi 90. Enjoy restaurant/bar next door. Narawan Hotel nearer to the railway line on same side. There is a couple of little ma & pa shops here too.

Across the railway line there is the 94 restaurant, popular big & cheap. Soi 94 runs for quite some way, all along there are bars, restaurants, 7 11's, shops, laundries, garages you name it. We have walked all along soi 94 into town more than once, coming out at the main railway station. Hope this helps. Stayed at the Smile Resort this March & last November.

Carol

Carol

Colorado Springs...
Level Contributor
35 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Whats along Soi 94?

Hi!

Thank's for the good info. We are also going to Smile Resort 20DEC13. We will stay 2 weeks.

Edited: 22 August 2013, 18:33
Torrevieja, Spain
Level Contributor
260 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Whats along Soi 94?

Hi, you are welcome. Ask for a room over looking the pool as the other side is closer to the railway. We weren't bothered by the noise at all & I'm a light sleeper. We had room 311. It's a lovely little hotel. family run, clean, safe, friendly. We love it. Will go back in 2015. Across the main road is the best part of the beach. If you turn right on the beach & walk about 10 mins there is a group of 2 or 3 beach bars. We sat at the first one, Morning beach café. It's family run, sun bed 50 baht with umbrella all day. Cold beers & some of the best food we've had. The horses go up & down soi 94 morning & evening. Sometimes theres one in the scrub land around the corner resting, they like an apple or two.

S & S Indian is amazingly cheap for good Indian food. Again family run. Only small no frills but really good. Terrace 90, just around the corner is one of my favourite places. They have special nights with eat all you want buffet, vast variety of food. Very popular with expats.

The 10 baht bus goes around soi 94 to the night market, you can get on & off anywhere. It toots at you & just put your hand up if you want to get on. There's plenty around if you don't want to go into the centre which we walked into many times.

Have a wonderful time. I'm hoping to be in Spain for Christmas but I'd rather be in The Smile hotel.

BC
Level Contributor
7 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Whats along Soi 94?

I see 94 Restaurant still hasnt had a review. Going to have to get the exact address and phone number i guess and do a review. I did eat there twice this year, and its a new venue and great value for the food imo.

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
2,691 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Whats along Soi 94?

@mouserman

I also saw there were no reviews for Restaurant 94. In 2 months stay in Hua Hin we ate there between once and twice a week. So around 12 times in total.

I tried to write a review, but you cannot if the owners have not contacted TA to be included. We actually encouraged them to join as owners, but they never did, so it is up to them.

To be honest, they do not need the advertising, because when we went it was always full and being a big place seeing it being full is all the advertising they need. In my view they served up the best value meals we came across. Just about every nationality was represented when we visited and that includes Thai people.

Edited: 17 January 2014, 11:42
United Kingdom
Level Contributor
2,691 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Whats along Soi 94?

I forgot to say in the above post, Restaurant 94 is just over the railway line on the left hand side and has a car park adjacent to it. You can watch the trains go by if you get the timing correct.

You get really nice Fish and Chips for around 110 baht (March 2013 prices). Lots of other really good Thai choices as well.

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
2,691 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Whats along Soi 94?

Further to my last two posts, the details for booking for Hua Hin Restaurant 94 are as follows:

Tel: 081-995 7083

Email: Kenneth_wat@hotmail.com

Italy
Level Contributor
39,493 posts
227 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Whats along Soi 94?

Hi, if you want to include the restaurant contact the Help centre I have had a few restaurants and hotels added without the owners contacting TA.

Italy
Level Contributor
39,493 posts
227 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Whats along Soi 94?

Forgot to add that you need all the details like opening hours, correct address, telephone number etc.

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
2,691 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Whats along Soi 94?

@Chrella

I did go through that type of process, but nothing appeared to be forthcoming. It is around a year ago, so I am unsure what I did exactly.

Perhaps somebody else should try again.

Get answers to your questions about Hua Hin