We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Boutique Hotel

Which Hua Hin hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
2,300 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
Boutique Hotel

We are thinking about getting the train from Surat Thani to Hua Hin. Is the train station close to Hua Hin itself. We would like to stay in a boutique style hotel around 40 rooms maximum and preferably Thai owned rather than large chain ie Sheraton. We have never been to this area although been to Phuket, Krabi and Khao lak. The location would be close to bars and restaurants and situated on a sandy beach (rather than rocky) with nice views, can anyone recommend please cost around £120.00 per night for two adults bed and breakfast travelling beginning of January.

Many thanks

Noodlesetc

Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Thailand
Level Contributor
18,140 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Boutique Hotel

The Hua Hin train station is right in the center of town. One of the most picturesque train stations in the world ! - so have your camera handy :)

With baggage you would need transport to where you are staying.

If you want to be right on the beach , steps into the center, and boutique style, Baan Laksasubha ticks all the boxes.About 16 units villa style, small central pool and another small pool at the beach, cafe/restaurant is 'at' the beach so lovely location. Thai family owned / managed.

It is located next to the Centara Grand Resort

Sorry I don't know your curency conversion rate.

Level Contributor
2,300 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Boutique Hotel

Thank you, I will have a look at this hotel, sounds lovely

Level Contributor
2,300 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Boutique Hotel

The hotel looks like what we are looking for but a bit above our budget, we will be staying in peak season so do expect to pay a bit more but maximum around 6000 THB to include breakfast for two adults. I can only compare with other areas of Thailand we have stayed but maybe Hua Hin is more epensive.

Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Thailand
Level Contributor
18,140 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Boutique Hotel

Early January peak season will be pricey and Hua Hin places right on the beach can be expensive, Baan Bayan is an alternative, again Thai family owned / managed pool at the beach inc tax service and breakfast

http://baanbayanresort.com/

The staff are very nice indeed

Just looked random for 5th to 15th Jan 2014

Garden view inc tax service breakfast B 4,900

Irada Suite room B 5,500

Courtyard View room B 5,950

To get to town center some 'may' walk but it only costs B 10 per trip daytime for the local songthaew ( pick up with seats in the back ) so is cheap certainly compared to Phuket transport prices

Edited: 16 September 2013, 15:54
Level Contributor
2,300 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Boutique Hotel

Thank you so much this is really helpful going to have a look at this hotel. We don't mind a short trip to town. If the food is good at the hotel we normally try and eat in the restaurants especially if situated on the beach.

6. Re: Boutique Hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 16 September 2013, 16:27
Edited: 16 September 2013, 16:27
Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Thailand
Level Contributor
18,140 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Boutique Hotel

Sorry that was me removing my posts as again too many typos, anyway here it is again :-

This is a small clip view of the beach at Baan Bayan and the pool taken about 2 years ago, you can see it is quite nice and that part of the beach is nice. We used to stay there often over many years ( prior to their refurbishment ) before my sister bought a house south of town where we stay now when we go.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8T6cCnNM-c8

Edited: 16 September 2013, 16:29
Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Thailand
Level Contributor
18,140 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Boutique Hotel

Oh this is much better and more recent

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G-qA4BKExS4

Level Contributor
2,300 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Boutique Hotel

Thank you, this looks very similar to what we have stayed in previously in other parts of Thailand and the room rates look reasonable we could afford a better room here.

Dhaka City...
Level Contributor
12 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Boutique Hotel

hi Monica.....I always love to read ur helpful answers to all. could u please suggest me any good hotel near Baan Banyan Resort within range of $100. from all the reviews I sort out that beach in this area is better than others but the resort is slightly expensive for us.....we are planning to come in mid December. Take care.

Get answers to your questions about Hua Hin