We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Looking for some inspiration near the Hau Hin area

Victoria, Canada
Level Contributor
6 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Looking for some inspiration near the Hau Hin area

I am planning the last few days of a trip to SE Asia for my husband and I and I have run out of steam. We are both in our 60's and though active are looking for a comfortable, quiet place on the beach with a pool that is swimmable and wifi in the rooms. We are willing to spend around $100/night but don't really want to spend a whole lot more. We will be coming from Koh Samui and will have 4 or 5 nights before we leave for home so want to be easily accessible to Bangkok. Someone suggested Hua Hin but the town itself sounds too busy. I have seen references to Khao Tobiak but am having difficulty finding very much about that area. We are not shoppers but do like to explore - what is there in the area besides factory outlets and elephant farms? if anyone has any hot ideas to get me motivated to complete our plans I would be delighted for the help! Many thanks!

Victoria, Canada
Level Contributor
6 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Looking for some inspiration near the Hau Hin area

............make that Hua Hin........

Gold Coast
Destination Expert
for Ko Pha Ngan, Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
25,956 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Looking for some inspiration near the Hau Hin area

Depends what time of year, but we didn't find Hua Hin too busy at all. Further south away from the main area of Hua Hin things do get quieter, Monica 4 should be able to enlighten you further on this.

Victoria, Canada
Level Contributor
6 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Looking for some inspiration near the Hau Hin area

Thanks Cassnu. I checked on the Sheraton site and got a good discount there so booked it last night. We are coming Jan. 16-22.

I have also followed some other threads and looked at other sites so am beginning to put an itinerary together. There is the Hutsadin Elephant Foundation, the Huay Mongkol Temple, Khao Tabiak, If you have any suggestions of great restaurants or other activities you particularly like, I would welcome them. We are not golfers. Thanks for the comment.

Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Thailand
Level Contributor
18,140 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Looking for some inspiration near the Hau Hin area

This gives you an idea of the idea and helps woth the photos to see if it is the kind of area that might suit you

pinterest.com/beachsiam/…

Victoria, Canada
Level Contributor
6 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Looking for some inspiration near the Hau Hin area

Thanks Monica. You seem to be a very helpful person! Value your input.

6. Re: Looking for some inspiration near the Hau Hin area

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 October 2014, 04:18
Get answers to your questions about Hua Hin