We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

river kwai

rochester
Level Contributor
514 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
river kwai

hi,does anyone know ,is it best to do the river kwai trip from Bangkok or Hua Hin,I,ve only got 2 full days in Bangkok,thought this would,nt be enough time.

Also who is it best to book it with,thanks.

chrisx

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
41,786 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: river kwai

Depends how long you are in Hua Hin. It's a full day tour from either there or Bangkok. See www.hotelthailand.com/huahin/huatour.html

for details of this and other tours from Hua Hin.

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
93 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: river kwai

When we went to River Kwai in June, we took a private car from Bangkok. We left around 6:30am and first went to the Floating market, then River Kwai (the cemetary & museum) and then the Tiger Temple. We had plenty of time and the private car & driver from our hotel was only $100 USD (Zenith Sukhumvit Hotel)

Lancs, England
Level Contributor
252 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: river kwai

I only had a couple of days in Bangkok so there wasn't time. I went from Hua Hin instead using Oriental Escape tours. orientalescape.com/service/…kanchanaburi.html

They were excellent, couldn't fault the guide, service, value. Our guide took us to places just that bit earlier than everyone else so we avoided the crowds. It was a private tour, just me and my partner but was cheaper than others such as Ken Diamond tours. I would use them again if I was in Thailand. At the end of our trip we had one final night in Bangkok after Hua Hin so they picked us up from our BK hotel and took us to the airport for a very reasonable price.

rochester
Level Contributor
514 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: river kwai

Hi,thanks everyone for your info,we will definately do the trip from Hua Hin and I will look up the websites you have given me.I am looking forward to this trip, if thats the right word,as my dad was a japanese prisoner of war,not in Thailand but in Formosa and Malacca.He does'nt tell me too much about it but the conditions must have been similar,bet I cry my eyes out!

Chris

Lancs, England
Level Contributor
252 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: river kwai

My friends dad was POW in Burma so my thoughts were with her the whole day. It is very emotional and tissues are required. Well worth it though so I hope you go and that you enjoy it.

6. Re: river kwai

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 August 2009, 20:16
Get answers to your questions about Hua Hin