We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather now (Im panicking)

Southampton, UK
Level Contributor
41 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Weather now (Im panicking)

Although I have looked through the other posts about weather is Hua Hin/Thailand generally rainy this time of year? I have booked my honeymoon for next July/August but if the weather in Thailand is always raining at this time then I need to back out of it quick. I have gone to a couple of weather websites and it looks like rain/thunderstorms for the next 10 days or so.

Thanks

Otley, United...
Level Contributor
17 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather now (Im panicking)

I've just returned from an 8 night stay in Hua Hin (we were there from 6th to 14 th July) and the weather was fabulous - clear sunny skies for the most part (and whenever there was a cloud it was a welcome relief!!)

This is supposed to be the rainy season but we experienced rain only once and it was a very quick (refreshing) shower.

We went to Bangkok for four nights prior to our stay in Hua Hin and it rained every day here, but as in Hua Hin the rain lasted only 10 mins and wasn't a problem.

I had been worried about rain before our holiday but it really wasn't a problem and it definitely wouldn't put me off going at this time of year again.

Southampton, UK
Level Contributor
41 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather now (Im panicking)

Thanks for the response. We are also staying in Bangkok for 3 days, going up to Chiang Mai (which I am expecting rain being a rain forest!) and then to Hua Hin for 6 days.

People say you get different weather in Hua Hin but its hard to believe being so close to Bangkok. I will just have to keep my fingers crossed we are as lucky with the weather as you were.

Chiang Mai, Thailand
Level Contributor
1,449 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Weather now (Im panicking)

It is now the rainy season in Thailand (July to November). I spent last week in Hua Hin and it rained nearly every afternoon for about an hour. It is also generally cloudy. But remember, rainy season has a charm of its own- it is warm, no need for sweaters, just umberellas, and while you wait for the shower to stop just sit in a side cafe or bar and people-watch. It's also a great excuse for an afternoon siesta!

Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
3,990 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Weather now (Im panicking)

No need to worry! Hua Hin has very good weather at this time of year. Very good means, the odd shower! No way a Teesider could deal with an unrelenting Thai sun all day! You will get cloudy days (but you still go brown), a lot of days will have broken sunshine/clear days. Forget it - just enjoy, and I bet you will not be dissappointed !

UK, Warrington
Level Contributor
103 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Weather now (Im panicking)

Hi

I have just come back from Hua Hin after spending two weeks there. July 14 - 29. It was our third visit, the other two being in April.

It was cloudy the majority of the time, but very hot and humid. Usually, it would cloud over and rain some time between two and three in the afternoon. However, there was only a couple of days were we weren't sat out on the sunbed and we both have returned with decent tans.

Personally, I preferred the weather this time as in April it is unbareable.

Gillian

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
1,716 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Weather now (Im panicking)

I just got back from Bangkok last Friday after staying there for a week. The whole time we were there it rained once for 5 minutes at the most.

I really enjoyed visiting Bangkok in July.

Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
3,990 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Weather now (Im panicking)

BTW - The weather is different bkk and hua Hin. Think trpoical,microclimates e.t.c. A pal on the other side of Bangkok has been sunbathing all afternoon and I have just come home through the heaviest rain of the year on the other side of town. just goes to show. It really is a diificult task trying to advise people about weather in Thailand! Hey ho.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
1,716 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Weather now (Im panicking)

I agree Bangkokgas. No weather would be the same each year anywhere. It's just the luck of the draw. We went to Thailand in the 'hot' season once and it rained quite a bit. We also went to Hua Hin in the 'rainy season' and didn't see a drop. My advise to anyone is 'just go' you will have fun anyway!

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
1,716 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Weather now (Im panicking)

I agree Bangkokgas. No weather would be the same each year anywhere. It's just the luck of the draw. We went to Thailand in the 'hot' season once and it rained quite a bit. We also went to Hua Hin in the 'rainy season' and didn't see a drop. My advise to anyone is 'just go' you will have fun anyway!

Get answers to your questions about Hua Hin