We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cicada Market

Aberdeen
Level Contributor
356 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Cicada Market

Hi there

Returning to Hua Hin this year and want to visit the market. We are staying at the Centara. How much should we expect to pay a tuk tuk out to the Cicada? Also, when does songkran start this year please? Is it the 12th April?

Thankyou in advance

Paphos, Cyprus
Destination Expert
for Paphos
Level Contributor
4,877 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cicada Market

I couldn't get the price any lower than 150baht. I walked away from 4 tuk tuks - one wanted B250, before agreeing to B150. That was from the market to the Hilton area.

Trisha

Aberdeen
Level Contributor
356 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cicada Market

Thanks Trisha, was that each way?

Kind regards

Paphos, Cyprus
Destination Expert
for Paphos
Level Contributor
4,877 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cicada Market

Yes, I walked there - underestimated the distance!

Trisha's

Edited: 21 January 2014, 07:12
Italy
Level Contributor
39,497 posts
226 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cicada Market

You can also get the green songthaew bus that costs 10 baht until 7 pm and 20 baht from 7 until 9pm then get a normal Songthaew back that has a fixed rate of 150 baht.

Manchester
Level Contributor
595 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cicada Market

I agree use the local Songthaew...the market is in full swing by 6,even if you buy tokens and eat there you will have plenty of time to look round and still get the last S.back.which leaves the terminus at KT at 9...

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
651 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cicada Market

Hotel told me it was 120 Baht (but that is probably for locals). We got charged 160 Baht to go from the Hilton and the return was quoted the same by a different driver.

7. Re: Cicada Market

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 January 2015, 05:18