We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is ten days too long?

bundeena
Level Contributor
977 posts
192 reviews
Save Topic
Is ten days too long?

Hi this is our third trip to Thailand and first to HH in October .reading reviews some postings say 3 days is enough .We are looking at ten days.any opinions ! thanks

Gold Coast
Destination Expert
for Ko Pha Ngan, Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
26,051 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is ten days too long?

It depends, some people spend months in HH just relaxing, pottering around etc, others just want a taste of it and 3 days is enough. Plenty to do in and around HH, hire a car and get out and about, do some day tours etc.

bundeena
Level Contributor
977 posts
192 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is ten days too long?

Thanks Cassnu I still love my white crochet bag from Chang Rai you reccomended .We are back to Thailand again and Singapore for almost 5weeks.

Was heading Singapore then Kereela but changed mind to Thailand again only trouble wet season.

Gold Coast
Destination Expert
for Ko Pha Ngan, Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
26,051 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Is ten days too long?

Glad you loved your bag, I still use mine too. October can still be ok, west coast probably better than east coast though, friends of ours go in October to Phuket and still have a good time and reasonable weather, just seas are rough.

Bangkok
Level Contributor
18,140 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Is ten days too long?

Yes depends entirely what you like to see and do - ?

Hua Hin is also a 'stepping off' [lace to other towns and areas along the coast, this gives lots of photos to give yo some ideas of the coastal area and surrounds

pinterest.com/beachsiam/…

lancashire
Level Contributor
204 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Is ten days too long?

Imo ten is not too long I have visited many times each time for ten days and always discovered something new and intetesting to see in Huahin and the surrounding areas.

Italy
Level Contributor
39,496 posts
226 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Is ten days too long?

Hi, I don't think it's too long we were there for a week last October and could have stayed longer.

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
2,691 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Is ten days too long?

We stayed for 2 months. We met up with other Europeans (Dutch Germans, Danes & Finns) who stayed for 3 months. Some Canadian stay 4 months. Naturally they are retired. We found it is a good base (condo) for travelling around with a hire car.

Staffordshire...
Destination Expert
for Staffordshire
Level Contributor
16,813 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Is ten days too long?

We had 5 days in Bangkok and then 5 in Hua Hin. I wish we'd have shortened the time in Bangkok and had longer in Hua Hin.

Essex
Level Contributor
194 posts
191 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Is ten days too long?

We've been to Cha Am and Hua Hin many times April and August. We spend two weeks at a time, and are still finding different things to see and do. We love Hua Hin...for that matter Thailand.

Manchester
Level Contributor
591 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Is ten days too long?

Hi been going to Hua Hin every year, bar one, for the last 12 years...one year we went to Phuket...didn't like the NON -Thai atmosphere.There is always sometning new to find ,new friends and old to meet up with... explore by bus ,train or car,even a few streets away from the main drag you will find the real Thailand...learn a few thai words and have fun!!!!

Get answers to your questions about Hua Hin