We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ref Shopping in Hua HIn or Bangkok

Which Hua Hin hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
396 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Ref Shopping in Hua HIn or Bangkok

HI

just planning our trip and I'm not sure if I should plan a couple of nights first to shop in Bangkok. Usual things like souvenirs, clothes, shoes (original and replicas), etc. Can we get all of this in Hua Hin ??

Edited: 04 May 2014, 05:15
cli
Hua Hin, Thailand
Level Contributor
1,379 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Ref Shopping in Hua HIn or Bangkok

Hi, if it's just simple things you are looking for then Hua hin will probably provide but the shopping experience in Bangkok is considerably better by far. Why not do a couple of days in Bangkok and spend one in the Siam Square area and the other in Chatuachak (only open on Sat and Sundays) for the complete shopping experience.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
396 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ref Shopping in Hua HIn or Bangkok

Might do that....thank-you :)....by the way over the xmas and new year period is it that busy that i should book my touring trips ahead or is it o.k to book once we arrive ??

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
2,691 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Ref Shopping in Hua HIn or Bangkok

Naturally it all depends on how long you are on vacation for in Thailand. We always go for at least 4 weeks and have spent around 5 days in Bangkok not just shopping, but to go sightseeing as well. There are many temples to visit and of course there is the Royal Palace. The city is so easy to travel around using the Mass Transit Railway (MTR).

Staffordshire...
Destination Expert
for Staffordshire
Level Contributor
15,340 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ref Shopping in Hua HIn or Bangkok

The night market in Hua Hin has some good bargains but for overall shopping I think Bangkok has more to offer. MBK is a good place to start.

Phuket Town...
Level Contributor
2,343 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Ref Shopping in Hua HIn or Bangkok

If you want tourist stuff from markets, you can buy in Hua Hin. But shopping for genuine things are very very poor in Hua Hin. Actually one of the worst places I have experienced in Thailand.

Italy
Level Contributor
39,484 posts
207 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Ref Shopping in Hua HIn or Bangkok

Hi, Bangkok being a large city with a lot of department stores and markets is definitely the best place for shopping but it's not only worth stopping there for that it's a wonderful city to visit.

7. Re: Ref Shopping in Hua HIn or Bangkok

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 May 2015, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Hua Hin