We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

hua Hin

Hants.
Level Contributor
49 posts
Save Topic
hua Hin

Could anyone tell me what the beaches in Hua Hin are like? What is the sea like? Are there jelly fish? Is it calm and good for swimming? We are going in June next year.

USA
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: hua Hin

I was actually wondering the same thing....also, is the sea a clear beautiful blue or green color - or is it cloudy and dirty due to the fact that it's not too far from Bangkok?

I have heard that there are jellyfish in Hua Hin - are they prevalent in Pranburi as well? Also not sure if there is a specific time of year when the jellyfish are at their worst?

Thanks in advance for any help you can give Marlon and me!

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
120 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: hua Hin

Hi, We were there back in July this year and there were Jelly Fish everywhere. The sea is like a murky green colour and there are pools left on the beach when the tide goes out that doesnt look nice at all. Please see my review of the Marriott where I have posted some photos of the beach. Hope this helps.

Chris

Lancs, England
Level Contributor
255 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: hua Hin

I was there in June 2005. I didn't swim in the sea once. It certainly wasn't turquoise, more of a grey/blue. I didn't see any jellyfish though. If you thinking of going to HH for the beaches then you may be disappointed. Having said that, it is a lovely town, great food, bars, shops and people. it just isn't like the beaches in other parts of the country.

Chiang Mai, Thailand
Level Contributor
1,450 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: hua Hin

When the sky is blue and cloudless, the sea is blue! Usually in cold season - Nov to Feb.

The beach is usually clean too, especially away from the front beach main area, (which is swept daily by the hotels). There is more flotsam on the eastern side of the Gulf eg, Pattaya.

Jelly fish are seasonal and the beaches well sign posted.

Most folks seem to swim in hotel pools.

5. Re: hua Hin

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 August 2009, 05:26
Get answers to your questions about Hua Hin