We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

hua hin hotels-location

Thessaloniki, Greece
Level Contributor
3,186 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
hua hin hotels-location

hi.

we are a family of three.we are between three choices of hotels: centara grand, sheraton pranburi villas, sheraton hua hin..all look great.we are thinking of booking a room with private pool in centara grand or sheraton pranburi or a pool access room in sheraton hua hin.any suggestions of which hotel to choose considering that our son is 7 years old and he adores rooms with private pools.?about location which hotel has the best location for walks to the area and close proximity to drugstores , super markets, restaurants etc?also do you know any good respectable massage parlour in hua hin cause hotel spas tend to be extremelly expensive.

thank you in advance

Devasom Hua Hin Resort
Devasom Hua Hin Resort
#1 of 150 hotels in Hua Hin
Hyatt Regency Hua Hin
Hyatt Regency Hua Hin
#4 of 150 hotels in Hua Hin
Long Beach Inn
Long Beach Inn
#9 of 150 hotels in Hua Hin
Motherwell, United...
Level Contributor
3,774 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: hua hin hotels-location

Telis

The most central of your hotel choices is the Centara. It's on the beach in the centre of town.

Both Sheraton hotels are a fair bit out of town with the Pranburi being around 30km south in a very quiet area.

I'd suggest staying in the Centara as it's by far the most convenient for everything you need.

As for massage parlours, almost all in town will be reputable and good value and there's a good selection around the area of the Centara.

The link below shows the centre of town and the Centara is called the Railway Hotel on it.

www.huahinafterdark.com/hua-hin-map.htm

Regards

Jim

Mentioned in this post
Pranburi
Pranburi
Prachuap Khiri Khan Province, Thailand
Asia
Level Contributor
18,140 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: hua hin hotels-location

I would also say Centara Grand, others you could look at Intercontinental, Marrakesh, Amari , Hyatt Regency

Mentioned in this post
Marrakesh Hua Hin Resort & Spa
Marrakesh Hua Hin Resort...
354 Reviews
Hua Hin, Thailand
Amari Hua Hin
Amari Hua Hin
1,446 Reviews
Hua Hin, Thailand
Thessaloniki, Greece
Level Contributor
3,186 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: hua hin hotels-location

thank you all for your replies.

we have looked for hyatt and intercontinental but they don't have suites with private pools like centara has and our son simply love this kind of accomodation!

so most probably centara will be our choice.

Staffordshire...
Destination Expert
for Staffordshire
Level Contributor
17,592 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: hua hin hotels-location

Centara takes a lot of beating. For your own private pool it will be a villa.

Essex
Level Contributor
194 posts
196 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: hua hin hotels-location

I would go with the Centara Grand. Beautiful resort, fabulous staff and in the centre of Hua Hin.

Mentioned in this post
Hua Hin
Hua Hin
Prachuap Khiri Khan Province, Thailand
Italy
Level Contributor
39,682 posts
236 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: hua hin hotels-location

Definitely the Centara, you can't beat it for location and if it has the suite with private pool that you're looking for then I wouldn't hesitate.

London
Level Contributor
816 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: hua hin hotels-location

I would always recommend the Centara as one of my top tips for anywhere. Just to note the private pools are deep - around 2 metres. Just for info in case of safety. Having said that I have stayed there with my kids when they were as young as 6 and 3 and it wasnt an issue.

Thessaloniki, Greece
Level Contributor
3,186 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: hua hin hotels-location

thank you all for you replies!it sounds that we are going to have a great time at the centara grand!

9. Re: hua hin hotels-location

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 July 2015, 06:18
Get answers to your questions about Hua Hin