We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Delicious Seafood restaurants in hua hin recommendations?

Sunnyvale...
Level Contributor
148 posts
141 reviews
Save Topic
Delicious Seafood restaurants in hua hin recommendations?

Hi everyone,

Hua hin is the last leg of our vacation before heading back to bkk and going home, we'll be there for 2 days and I'm looking forward to eating some fresh seafood as we haven't had much during our trip. Where are some great clean and of course delicious real Thai places? Not westernized Thai, or Chinese Thai cooking, as we've been coming across a lot of those in chiang Mai. Thanks!

cli
Hua Hin, Thailand
Level Contributor
1,527 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Delicious Seafood restaurants in hua hin recommendations?

Hi, simply go to the night market and go across the crossroads and on the left hand side there are many seafood eateries, all are excellent and you'll enjoy whatever you order at whichever one you eat at.

Staffordshire...
Destination Expert
for Staffordshire
Level Contributor
17,522 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Delicious Seafood restaurants in hua hin recommendations?

Can't remember the name but it's the restaurant with a pier. Fresh fish and lovely too.

Asia
Level Contributor
18,140 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Delicious Seafood restaurants in hua hin recommendations?

If you go to the beach at the Anantasila Hotel on the beach at Khao Takiab to the right of Anantasila when facing the sea is my favorite - Peun

Concrete chairs and tables right on the sand , basic menu but the seafood is incredible, love it, drinks are just water cola or beer, very 'rustic' I suppose you would term it - late afternoon is a good time to go as it cools down is lovely atmosphere too.

Really is great seafood :)

To get back into Hua Hin town just ask at Anantasila and they will get a songthaew / tuk tuk for you.

Work on about THB 300-350 each though there is cheaper that gives you top choice dishes and lots of it: :).

In Khao Takiab 'village' is Madame Green , also very good,

In town at the Fishing Pier area Ketsarin and Chao Lay are popular and great over the water atmsophere, those are good if you don't want to go out of the town center

Edited: 18 July 2014, 15:02
Mentioned in this post
Chao Lay
Chao Lay
346 Reviews
Hua Hin, Thailand
Canberra, Australia
Level Contributor
688 posts
418 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Delicious Seafood restaurants in hua hin recommendations?

Ho, ho, ho "300-350 THB each for top choices and plenty of it" God I Love Thailand!!!

I've already highlighted a couple of local seafood restaurants from the forum and there were some great suggestions above. Thank you. Can anyone add details of local/regional seafood dishes? Any particular dish, something which is considered a speciality that the locals particularly enjoy and a place that makes it well?

Staffordshire...
Destination Expert
for Staffordshire
Level Contributor
17,522 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Delicious Seafood restaurants in hua hin recommendations?

Chao Lay (as mentioned in Monica's post) was where I was thinking off. We both had a lovely meal there.

Mentioned in this post
Chao Lay
Chao Lay
346 Reviews
Hua Hin, Thailand
Sunnyvale...
Level Contributor
148 posts
141 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Delicious Seafood restaurants in hua hin recommendations?

The guy where we are staying recommended this place called Prasao on Takiab after 14. On right hand side. It was very good and reasonable! With fresh seafood on display. Will also check out Madame green and soppa too

Manchester
Level Contributor
675 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Delicious Seafood restaurants in hua hin recommendations?

Oyster Omelette......80 bht the sweetest little Oysters hurry up next year!!!

Canberra, Australia
Level Contributor
688 posts
418 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Delicious Seafood restaurants in hua hin recommendations?

"Oyster omelette" on the list!

Australia
Level Contributor
260 posts
271 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Delicious Seafood restaurants in hua hin recommendations?

We enjoyed a number of restaurants in Hua Hin. Our favourites were Moon Smile and Koti. We were staying at Centara and both of these places were in walking distance. Personally, I found the restaurants in the markets were a bit 'touristy' and not so good. Maybe though, I ordered the wrong things.

Five of us ate, last night at Koti on the corner facing the markets and found this to be was one of the best of the local restaurants. The prawns in glass noodles and the whole fried unshelled tiger prawns were particularly good. Cost was about 1100 THB for five. We also ate in a restaurant where there were lobsters on ice - cost about 800THB for a good sized lobster

10. Re: Delicious Seafood restaurants in hua hin recommendations?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 July 2015, 05:15
Get answers to your questions about Hua Hin