We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help

Which Hua Hin hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Malaysia
Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Topic
Help

Hi,

Was confusing which transport are fast/on time and budget price from bkk to huahin. Because we are only 2persons. I have ask several taxi driver recommended from this forum, most are cost 4000baht or more for roundtrip. By train, some said the time to reach huahin might be long than expect. Minivan, cheap but driver was horrible, dangerous. Bus, cheap and depart every 30mins, but the bus station in bkk hard to find?

Because we are 2persons, so im looking for the most budget way to reach hh and because we have limited time so i don wish to waste my time to wait or spend on looking for the station.

Any advice very appreciated thanks

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Beijing, Shanghai Region, Shenzhen, Bangkok
Level Contributor
7,498 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help

Fastest and cheapest usually does not work together.

If you take a taxi, ask for a single trip, not return. It is easy to get cheap taxi trips to BK in HH. From BK to Huahin you should get an 1500 THB offer.

You have problems with minivan or bus? What shall I say? Both options are chosen by many people, but for sure I can understand if you do not like them. In this case you have to take a taxi. Regardgin minivan, not all drivers are the same and there are many, Bus station is not harder too hard to find than the mini bus, but I am not sure about your orientation capabilities.

newcastle upon tyne
Level Contributor
10,173 posts
153 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help

The Bells VIP bus service, leaving direct from the airport BKK, was excellent value at 305bt.

Renfrew, United...
Level Contributor
29 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Help

there is a bus that goes from International Airport to Hua Hin. it is rub by Bell Travel and departs from level one at exit 8. It is 26 seater coach with big airline seats, toilet on board, and only costs 305 baht. you can book seats in advance onlne.. I have used this service on numerous occasions with no problem. go onto Bell Travel site and you will get times of departure etc.

Malaysia
Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Help

Hi tkx all for the reply. So i have just check the bell travel service online, they only departure from airport to huahin? Does anyone know if they do pick up point at bangkok town area? Many thanks

mumbai, india
Level Contributor
311 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Help

Hi

We land at 5.30 am.Do you think we will have enough time to clear immigration to catch the 7.30 am bus to HH from the airport.We will have our visa beforehand.I understand that tickets are non refundable if booked beforehand so was wondering if I am cutting it too close!

Canberra, Australia
Level Contributor
1,197 posts
192 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Help

I have flown into BKK airport twice in the last few weeks at different times of the day and there were no queues for passport control and our bags were off the plane quickly so technically 2 hours is more than enough time. Where we did have an issue was our plane was delayed by more than an hour...something you cannot predict which is why we chose the more expensive option of a pre organised taxi to Hua Hin. The driver was waiting despite the delay plus it was late evening, a time I didn't want to be messing around looking for bus's or taxis.

One other advantage of the more expensive option was it was to the door of our hotel, no finding a taxi at wherever the bus stops, although taxis usually do hang around bus and train stops waiting for passengers so this might not be an issue but would add a few baht to the total cost.

I guess its pay more for guaranteed door to door transport leaving when it suits you or save money with a small risk of missing it and wasting time waiting around.

mumbai, india
Level Contributor
311 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Help

Great!Thanks for the input!

London, England...
Level Contributor
3 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Help

I have used the 305 baht VIP bus several times & it is excellent

My understanding is they will put you on the next bus if you can prove your flight was delayed

Presuming there is space on the bus

2 hours should be ok, i normally book about 1.5 hours after landing

9. Re: Help

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 August 2015, 05:15
Get answers to your questions about Hua Hin