We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

elephant painting

Chelmsford
Level Contributor
6 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
elephant painting

My husband, daughter & I will be travelling to Hua Hin early May, staying at the Hyatt Regency. We have all been to Thailand many times but the first time to this part of Thailand, and love spending time with elephants.

Are there many to be found in that area? We would love to see elephants painting and would love to buy one (painting that is!). Will we have the opportunity or will we have to visit Chang Mai?

Thanks.

Mentioned in this post
Hua Hin
Hua Hin
Prachuap Khiri Khan Province, Thailand
Asia
Level Contributor
18,140 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: elephant painting

I cannot help you with the Elephant paintings, I prefer to see Elephants as 'close' to their natural ways as possible. There is an Elephant Village in Hua Hin and you can also go to other places.

As you are staying at the Hyatt you can walk to the road and take the lime-green pick-up bus heading south. Where it stops walk about another 10 minutes past the temple and turn down to the beach, there you can Elephant ride and also see the Elephants relaxing and eating. If you can get up at sunrise or go there about 4.30 the Elephants wander back through the local village to 'go home', it is a nice sight to see the elephants away from a tourist place.

There are day trips to Krachaen National Park ( about 1 hr + away )and also to Sam Roi Yot National Park ( about 30 mins ) where in addition to the scenary there are Birdwatching wetlands.

I have never been into Birdwatching but if you go to the wetlands and 'see' these amazing birds it is 'fascinating'.

Just a little beyond that is Dolphin Bay where you can take a boat ride around the uninhabited offshore island, the purpose is to 'try' and see the Pink Dolphins, if you are lucky it is amazing, if you don't get to see them it's a nice trip anyway.

Snorkeling trip to Bang Saphan and Koh Talu island is well worth the day trip, you ride 10-15 mins to Koh talu island and they take you by boat snorkeling around, trips include lunch on the beach too.

There are lots of 'nature / natural' trips, the trip to the temples at Phetchburi ( 50 mins away ) is also fascinating.

Sorry can't help with the painting though. There is a trip for the day where you work with the elephants, help bathe and feed them, that is also very good.

Day trips to the bridge on the River Kwai leave early and get back late, but does give you a chanvce to see the Bridge on the River kwai and you can include Elephant rides, they take you to the Museums and the other historical and natural sights.

Mentioned in this post
Elephant Village
Elephant Village
293 Reviews
Hua Hin, Thailand
Hua Hin
Hua Hin
Sam Roi Yot
Sam Roi Yot
2. Re: elephant painting

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 August 2009, 00:18