We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Emirates to Bangkok

Which Hua Hin hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Lincoln UK
Level Contributor
120 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Emirates to Bangkok

I wonder if any forum member could help if they have had any experiences with flying with Emirates economy class. We are due to go to Hua Hin in August and are flying from Birmingham UK to Dubai and then on to Bangkok. After reading some independent reviews from other sites about Emirates in general I am feeling quite horrified at the aspect as none appear to have a good word to say about them. Any views would be most welcome and at least would give us the time to look at other airlines. Thanking you all in advance.

Mason, Ohio
Level Contributor
486 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Emirates to Bangkok

Look at www.airlinequality.com for passenger opinions. There is tremendous competition to the Far East amongst the Gulf carriers, which has driven up standards/driven down costs. You can take your pick from Emirates, Etihad, Gulf or Qatar airlines. I have found them to be comparable with all those mentioned. Not really any better or worse. Their seat-pitch and IFE are probably exactly the same as the other carriers and their service is of a similar standard. Have you also considered a direct flight (Qantas, BA, Eva, Thai) too?

U.K
Level Contributor
252 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Emirates to Bangkok

Hi Shelleycat,

I can't understand why Emirates would have bad reviews I have flown with them 4 times and every time I could not fault them.The aircraft are modern and the entertainment system are fine. I have flown direct a couple of times and personaly I like the break because from London it's only about an hour and a half in Dubai. I flew with Etihad a couple of months ago and they were good as well,

dont' worry

West Midllands...
Level Contributor
73 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Emirates to Bangkok

Hi Shelley

We had the same problem when we travelled in November. I have flown Emirates economy Birmingham to Dubai many times and we go mid week so the plane is not so full but I have flown them when full and it was not a plesent experience. My Brother travels to BKK all of the time and he has used many different ways to travel out of BHX. In the end we decided to bite the bullet and fly with Eva direct from LHR. We were really impressed the price the comfort and service was great. Look into them I think you will be impressed.

Lincs UK
Level Contributor
282 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Emirates to Bangkok

Shelleycat,

We,ve flown Emirates to the far east a couple of times,the most recent was from Brum to Bangkok for Christmas and new year but in biz class. Economy in Emirates' 777's is a bit cramped as they fit 10 seats accross 3-4-3 ,leg room is OK tho.By the time you go Emirates should have finished refurbishing the 777's.

Another web site worth a visit is:

WWW.flyertalk.com

under frequent flyer progs Skywards.......you can get information from "experts" on flying Emirates.

Harry

Bournemouth, United...
Level Contributor
220 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Emirates to Bangkok

Hi shelleycat

Airline reviews can be notorious in their capacity to only attract negative comments. Pick another airline to gauge there economy class.

Also, check on the dates of negative reviews as Emirates are constantly upgrading their planes, and see if you can find out the aircraft you will be flying on as this also will affect the quality of service that's provided.

I don't know if you are booking direct, but check out their business-class flights. According to www.airline-network.co.uk, the difference in price can be as little as £600 return (795 economy, 1480 business) (or £150 for each leg). These tickets will attact additional benefits, such as limousine transfers to Birmingham airport (free for the first 65 driven miles), airport lounges, bigger, wider seats - depending aircraft type.

Sorry I'm not much help on the economy side, but I will go back and have a look when we fly with Emirates in March.

Cheers

bfg

(p.s We are going to Hua Hin too). :-)

London, United...
Level Contributor
38 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Emirates to Bangkok

I travelled to Auckland with Emirates via Dubai, via Bangkok a year ago. The plane was pretty busy from London to Dubai, then we changed planes at Dubai (spent about 2 hours in the airport) and boarded another plane to Bangkok, which was less busy. I've flown a lot of long-haul airlines and i have to say Emirates is the best plane I've even flown on. The TV gives you over 100 movies (at least) and 100 episodes of TV show and tons and tons music on demand so its the best flight entertainment I've even had. Also the food was surprisingly edible and we were constantly being fed, I'm a vegetarian so they catered to that v well, unlike other airlines I won't mention. The seats were comfortable and enough leg room. The staff were v friendly too. I was sitting next to one English man on the flight back and he was moaning about things that were out of anyone's control (his drink spilt slightly because there was turbulence) and blaming the air stewarts - he's probably one of the guys that writes on airline review sites!

7. Re: Emirates to Bangkok

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 August 2009, 23:17
Get answers to your questions about Hua Hin