We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pranburi Shops and Restaurants

1 post
Save Topic
Pranburi Shops and Restaurants

We are considering staying either at the Evason in Pranburi or Wora Bura in Hua Hn in April. After reading some of the other posts we are a bit concerned about the remoteness of the Evason. That being said, it looks more like our style than the Wora Bura, and does work out a bit less expensive based on the style of accomodation we are considering at each.

Can anyone please advise what is close to the Evason in terms of alternative restaurants, shops, etc.

Last year we went to the Pimalai resort on Koh Lanta, and while the resort was absolutely beautiful, we were a bit frustrated by the distance and process to get into town, and the lack of choice immediately surrounding the resort. I guess we are a bit weary after that experience.

Level Contributor
18,140 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Pranburi Shops and Restaurants

Rachelle, the Evason Pranburi and other resorts around that area 'are' remote. You will find the odd local store, pranburi town which is about 15+ mins from those areas has local shops and stores but that is it.

If you want night markets, art shops, clothing, souvenirs and other kinds of shopping the Hua hin would be where you had to head to.

pranburi benefits from quiet location but if you want a good choice for shopping and restaurants then it really has to be Hua Hin.

I would say the beach at the Wora Bura is much better also, it is just past the Hyatt and Chiva Som but is not in the busy town area, you can hop on a local pick-up bus by walking down to the road, that costs about AUD 40 cents and passes the Hyatt, the new Hua Hin Market Village Mall ( large!) and continues past the Grand Night Market and right into the central markey, those operate daylight only, so it is close enough for restaurants and shopping but away from the busiest part of town.

There are restaurants at the other resorts in pranburi and a nice local restaurant a few minutes from the Evason, but they have now a narrow road between the gardens of the Evason and the beach area ( which again i have to say is not that good ). Wora Bura the Pool area is right near the beach, you go down some steps ( the resorts are raised a little from the sea ).

I know the Pimalai and can relate to what you say. The last thing I want after shopping, a meal and some drinks is a 30 minute ride back to the hotel.

Have a think about it. Though the Evason is very good value.

As far as cost is concerned, if you start adding costs and time to and from Hua Hin and other costs there might not be so much in it. Easy stroll from Wora Bura is Let's Sea restaurant on the beach which is excellent. You can also wander into the local village area for very cheap Thai food and quite a few local thatched eating places.

Level Contributor
18,140 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Pranburi Shops and Restaurants

I will add another tip if I may, you may know, or not, that the Bridge on the River Kwai is only about 3 hours from Hua Hin, I know many people from Australia visit the River Kwai so it might be of interest. There are day trips from Hua Hin that include the bridge, museums etc and some trips include Elephant rides ( though you can do that in Hua Hin also ). A air-con taxi/ or a bouncy uk tuk Wora Bura to center of Hua Hin at night should cost no more than about AUD 6. They also have their own van.

3. Re: Pranburi Shops and Restaurants

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 August 2009, 19:18
Get answers to your questions about Hua Hin
Our community is here to help!
Ask questions, get advice and more from travellers like you.
Join TripAdvisor