We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kanchanaburi Itinerary

Which Kanchanaburi hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
North Wales
Level Contributor
218 posts
111 reviews
Save Topic
Kanchanaburi Itinerary

Just wondered if you could help me with my itinerary, I have posted the full one of my trip in the 'Thailand' forum but thought I would have more luck splitting it up and posting each section in the specific forum.

4th July - Arrive at 07.00 and catch a bus to Kanchanaburi (ANY ADVICE ON DOING THIS AS QUICKLY AS POSSIBLE?) Get our bearings and spend a few hours at Suan Nanachaat Massage

5th July - Death Railway/Hellfire Pass/River Kwai Tour with Good Times Travel (AGAIN, ARE THESE THE BEST?)

6th July - Try and do the Erawan Falls on our own so we have more time and flexibility. (SHOULD WE DO THE ERAWAN FALLS ON OUR FIRST DAY AND MASSAGE ON THE 6TH SO WE DON'T HAVE TO RUSH) Get a bus back to Bangkok for the 19.30 sleeper train/ferry to Koh Phangan

bangkok
Level Contributor
49 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Kanchanaburi Itinerary

would suggest keep suan nanachaat for first day as you would not have much time at waterfall otherwise.Will have to get a bus from southern bus terminal(sai tai mai).Suggest you pre-book at spa as they have limited availability.Erawan by bus takes about 1.5 hours.Why dont you catch sleeper train from nakhon pathom?Saves you going all the way back to bangkok.Good times are as good as other local tour companies.

North Wales
Level Contributor
218 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Kanchanaburi Itinerary

Thanks a lot for this advice.

What is the easiest way to get to Nakhon Pathom from Kanchanaburi? And how long will it take to get there?

We have also been told we could catch the sleeper train from Rachaburi station also.

Which one would be easier to get to?

We are staying at Ploy Guesthouse.

Thanks in advance.

bangkok
Level Contributor
49 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Kanchanaburi Itinerary

Buses to both places take 2 hours but nakhon pathom bus is air-con.Good alternative is to go to kanchanaburi bus station where you see all the minibuses and signs to bangkok.These pass through NP and are a lot quickker-just over an hour.They can charge for an extra seat if have lots of luggage.

North Wales
Level Contributor
218 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Kanchanaburi Itinerary

Thanks for your help.

Looks like I will do that to get to Nakhon Pathom, sure it is easier than it sounds!

5. Re: Kanchanaburi Itinerary

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 May 2012, 06:33