We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

tiger temple

Which Kanchanaburi hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
scotland
Level Contributor
143 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
tiger temple

can any one how i book the morning session with tigers at tiger temple 2 adults 2 kids age3 and 8 will be staying in hotel in kanchanaburi for 2 days can any one recomend good hotel as well for kids and where to book elephant washing

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
15,864 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: tiger temple

http://www.tigertemple.org/Eng/Address.htm - scroll down and you'll see phone numbers to book through.

bangkok
Level Contributor
49 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: tiger temple

Xanadu 2008 or Sabai@gan both very good value.Can book tiger temple direct as above or hotel can easily arrange.If you have car cheaper to book direct.Again,several elephant camps in area.Best to check online or with hotel which elephant experience most suitable for yourselves-training to be a mahout and bathing with them great experiences although the latter best with your time schedule.Can do bamboo rafting same time if you want.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
19 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: tiger temple

I've read some articles that suggest it isn't really safe to go to the Tiger Park. What precautions are taken to protect tourists?

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
15,864 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: tiger temple

None. The tigers are loosely controlled by monks and other staff, you are in the open with these animals.

Scotland, United...
Level Contributor
204 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: tiger temple

Try Tongs Tours fantastic and you can do tigers in morning and elephant bath in the afternoon

have fun

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
19 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: tiger temple

Thanks foc1foc2 but since posting my question, I've been doing more research on the net and found out some disturbing information about the Tiger Temple. Here is the link to Care For Wild Animals so you can read about it for yourself:

careforthewild.com/files/Tigerfactsheet.pdf

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
40,123 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: tiger temple

That is an old link and if you had looked at the first FAQ on the right under Top Questions you would have found it sooner along with lots more information and views both For and gainst.

Boston...
Level Contributor
819 posts
166 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: tiger temple

reading the reviews/posts on this place, looked at the videos and all that, and am having very mixed feelings about visiting...There seems to be an equal amount of pro and cons.

on the one hand.. I went on safari in Kenya and came away knowing I would never look at a zoo the same way ever again.

on the other hand.. I get that it's a unique opportunity to see these gorgeous animals up close.

honestly, I'm torn

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
40,123 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: tiger temple

Since there are an equal amount of pros and cons the only way is to go and see for yourself and then balance this unique opportunity against your previous experiences and feelings for zoos.

Boston...
Level Contributor
819 posts
166 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: tiger temple

Arandora,

that's what I'm leaning towards.. I don't want to regret not going... and if I don't like what I see, I can always post another "con" review :)