We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tiger Temple

Melbourne, Australia
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Tiger Temple

Hi everyone

We want to visit the Tiger temple and the Bridge on the River Kwai. We would like as much time at the temple as possible and woyld love to do the extra activity of feeding the cubs. My questions are:

Which tour company is best to go with?

How far in advance should we book?

is there any companies that put together a individual package for us?

Thank you Bev

Mentioned in this post
River Kwai
River Kwai
1,327 Reviews
Kanchanaburi, Thailand
Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
15,864 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Tiger Temple

Yor best bet is to contact some of the licensed guides listed in the link below. Note that some of them won't do tours to the tiger temple, while others will:

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g293915-c125475/Thail…

Scotland, United...
Level Contributor
204 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tiger Temple

Hi we went with "Tour With Tong" She was excellent and we asked for Tong herself.She does have her own website and if you look at guides on TA you will find her there.I have to say i was really looking farward to this tour but after id been i wished i hadnt gone.This place is great on the surface you can cuddle baby tigers etc,feed them although this place is very controverial.I myself think its an accident waiting to happen.If you look behind everything its just to make money,they are not kept in great conditions although i didnt see any real cruelty.You have to decide for yourself to go or not but like i said,an accident waiting to happen.If id have had children with me id have been very unhappy.

Have a look on Tongs website and also at the tiger temple on Ta.You will see mixed reviews about the temple..If you have kids id suggest the elephant bath.You get in the river with them,bath them,feed them its great fun.The kids would love it.

Have fun and like i said Tong was fantastic

Edited: 23 January 2012, 10:03
Melbourne, Australia
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Tiger Temple

Thank you I will look into the list.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,770 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tiger Temple

If you are staying in kanchanaburi,contact Good Times Travel.They are great.For us they ordered a songtew9cab) to go to the Temple and wait for us.They booked our tickets for cub feeding and afternoon exercise program.We paid for the tickets and they charged us 500 baht for the taxi.We did other tours too...FANTASTIC

Mentioned in this post
Good Times Resort
Good Times Resort
683 Reviews
Kanchanaburi, Thailand
5. Re: Tiger Temple

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 May 2013, 10:31