We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Minibus to Kanchanaburi and return

Chapala, Mexico
Level Contributor
406 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Minibus to Kanchanaburi and return

I have some questions about the minibus from Bangkok to Kanchanaburi.

1. Where do you buy the tickets for it in Bangkok?

2. What time does it leave for Kanchanaburi?

3. What time does it return to Bangkok?

4. Does it run every day?

Thank you.

Harbin, China
Destination Expert
for Kanchanaburi
Level Contributor
21,564 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Minibus to Kanchanaburi and return

Hi,

Minibuses leave from Victory Monument and Sai Tai (Southern Bus Terminal). They run daily and frequently but I don't know the exact times. You can buy the tickets before boarding, you don't have to purchase them in advance. The same goes for the return journey.

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
15,864 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Minibus to Kanchanaburi and return

Vans (Minibus) runs from Victory Monument fairly often - its a matter of turn up and wait until the van is full. Buses run from Sai Tai fairly frequently throughout the day, and less frequently from the northern bus station (Morchit Mai/Chautchak).

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
2,463 posts
272 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Minibus to Kanchanaburi and return

Just an opinion,but I feel a lot safer in the Air Conditioned buses or the public buses that run that route. The minivans can get cramped, and the drivers can be very agressive in their driving style. Didnt feel safe at all when I went Kanchanaburi to Bangkok in a van.

The buses leave from the same Southern Bus Terminal.

Edited: 24 February 2012, 08:47
Harbin, China
Destination Expert
for Kanchanaburi
Level Contributor
21,564 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Minibus to Kanchanaburi and return

I should have added that buses are a a better bet if you have lots of luggage.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,738 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Minibus to Kanchanaburi and return

We were going by bus but getting to the terminal seemed a pain.We booked a minivan at a booth on Soi rambuttri(near Khaosan Rd ) and they picked us up there.Almost outside our hotel..Very cheap and a bit crowded but fine.

6. Re: Minibus to Kanchanaburi and return

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 June 2013, 00:17