We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Student, 19, mauled by 400lb tiger at Tiger Temple

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
41,264 posts
97 reviews
Save Topic
Student, 19, mauled by 400lb tiger at Tiger Temple

A 19 year old British student was attacked by a tiger when visiting the Tiger Temple leaving her scarred for life and eight weeks on still cannot walk unaided. Story at dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2407513/Student…

She is quoted as saying she says: ‘In hindsight I had an incredibly lucky escape. I could have lost my leg or worse. The Tiger Temple staff were very upset. They paid for all my treatment in hospital and visited every day. They explained the tiger was just being playful. However, I want to warn others going to Tiger Temple that the animals might not be as docile as they first appear.’

Seemingly the inevitable does happen!

Harbin, China
Destination Expert
for Kanchanaburi
Level Contributor
21,573 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Student, 19, mauled by 400lb tiger at Tiger Temple

Thanks for posting Alan,

It's been waiting to happen for some time now. I hope that future visitors to the Tiger Temple are aware of what their insurance policy covers and what it does not.

Gosport, United...
Level Contributor
6,320 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Student, 19, mauled by 400lb tiger at Tiger Temple

This thread should be added to the 'FAQ - Tiger Temple - PROS/CONS'.

Edited: 31 August 2013, 07:32
Harbin, China
Destination Expert
for Kanchanaburi
Level Contributor
21,573 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Student, 19, mauled by 400lb tiger at Tiger Temple

It has been added Lancaster Lad.

Edited: 31 August 2013, 07:35
4. Re: Student, 19, mauled by 400lb tiger at Tiger Temple

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 September 2013, 22:31
Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
41,264 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Student, 19, mauled by 400lb tiger at Tiger Temple

I hope this thread does not turn into a flame war. Just let people read the article and decide for themselves. It would be a shame if fact based information on this controversial subject was cosed down as often happens.

Edited: 31 August 2013, 07:42
Gosport, United...
Level Contributor
6,320 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Student, 19, mauled by 400lb tiger at Tiger Temple

#3 (Andy). You're a star!

7. Re: Student, 19, mauled by 400lb tiger at Tiger Temple

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 September 2013, 22:31
8. Re: Student, 19, mauled by 400lb tiger at Tiger Temple

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 02 September 2013, 23:27
Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
41,264 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Student, 19, mauled by 400lb tiger at Tiger Temple

Please allow this post not to develop into a slanging match! That's a sure fire way of getting the information deleted.

Vancouver
Level Contributor
3,893 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Student, 19, mauled by 400lb tiger at Tiger Temple

Wow... just read the article. She was lucky to have quick attention and help from staff and her sister and friend.