We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

plz guide on genuine tiger temple details-Kanchanaburi

Bengaluru, India
Level Contributor
95 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
plz guide on genuine tiger temple details-Kanchanaburi

Hi folks ,

we planning to visit Kanchanaburi from Bangkok for tiger temple and other areas of interest (if time permits) for 1 Day trip.

Please guide us at earliest

1) I could NOT find any official website of the tiger temple where I can get to know pricing of tickets and book tickets accordingly?Please provide me link or official website.

2) got confused by multiple reviews ,some say there are multiple fake tiger temples so what is the exact name of genuine and most sought after tiger temple?

3)travelling to Kanchanaburi to and fro from Bangkok would be good and safer using which mode of transport for a couple ?

4)Apart from tiger temple anything else can be clubbed for visit in Kanchanburi?

Thank you very much!

Awaiting help.!

Harbin, China
Destination Expert
for Kanchanaburi
Level Contributor
22,385 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: plz guide on genuine tiger temple details-Kanchanaburi

Hi,

Here is the official website:

tigertemple.org/tigertemple_new/main.php

The Tiger Temple is very controversial and you will read many reviews online both for/against it. Aside from the Tiger Temple Kanchanaburi and the surrounding area has National Parks (7 in the province), WW 2 museums/sites and a number of Temples. Take a look at the link below:

…sawadee.com/areamap_kanchanaburi.html

Edited: 16 September 2013, 14:57
Harbin, China
Destination Expert
for Kanchanaburi
Level Contributor
22,385 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: plz guide on genuine tiger temple details-Kanchanaburi

Hi,

Do check these companies which offer one-day tours to Kanchanaburi:

www.newlinetravel.co.th

hellfirepass.org/tours_tiger_temple_thailand…

You will travel to Kanchanaburi in a bus or minivan.

Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
710 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: plz guide on genuine tiger temple details-Kanchanaburi

Hi,

Did you know you can see Tigers in Bannerghatta National Park which is just 20km away from Bangalore. Furthermore there are many more parks in India where you actually see wild Tigers.

Why would you want to visit the Tiger temple in Thailand?

Melbourne...
Level Contributor
211 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: plz guide on genuine tiger temple details-Kanchanaburi

Erawan waterfalls is another good stop as is Hell fire pass.

We went to elephantsworld.org for the day it was really good. they pick you up and drop you off.

Tiger Temple is quite tourist orientated and a bit of a production line.

We did however enjoy it, the morning session is quieter and you spend more time with the cubs.

There is plenty to see and do in the area, the mon bridge if you want to wander further out.

We took the public train up and minibus back to Bangkok.

Can highly recommend the train, early one was fantastic. Very safe as there are train staff are continually wandering up and down.

Hyderabad, India
Level Contributor
3,117 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: plz guide on genuine tiger temple details-Kanchanaburi

If you are more than 2 people, do-it-yourself is the best way to travel.

Have a look at Day 3 of my JBR. Might help you in organizing yourself.

tripadvisor.in/ShowTopic-g293916-i3687-k5699…

English version of the official website

tigertemple.org/tigertemple_new/main.php

Harbin, China
Destination Expert
for Kanchanaburi
Level Contributor
22,385 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: plz guide on genuine tiger temple details-Kanchanaburi

Hi,

Should you decide to go it alone as opposed to going on a one day tour the link below gives you the options on how to get to Kanchanaburi from Bangkok:

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g297924-s301/Kanchana…

However, if you want to visit other places besides the Tiger Temple, a one day tour will be your best option.

Kanchanaburi...
Destination Expert
for Kanchanaburi
Level Contributor
1,227 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: plz guide on genuine tiger temple details-Kanchanaburi

Tiger Temple has basically two programs - one in the morning and one the afternoon. The morning program is 5,000 baht and the afternoon 600 baht. You have to know which one you wish to go for if you planning for a one day trip from Bangkok. For the morning program you might have to leave Bangkok as early as 4am as the morning program starts at 7am and it is about 2.5 to 3 hours from Bangkok to Tiger Temple.

Look at what is offered in both the different programs (from the website that AjarnAndy has given) and make your choice from there.

Also note that travelling time from TIger Temple to Hellfire Pass or Erawan is about 1 hour and travelling time from these places back to Bangkok is probably around 4 hours. And note that both Hellfire Pass Museum and Erawan National Park closes at 4pm.

If you can afford more than one day in Kanchanaburi, do stay overnight as you will be able to do a lot more without spending all the time in the car.

Bengaluru, India
Level Contributor
95 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: plz guide on genuine tiger temple details-Kanchanaburi

Thank you all Ajam,Chris,Judy ,Janjan, Ashish ,will go through all the links and let you know if further queries .

@Janjans good question :), have been to bannerghatta zoo and few other wild parks ...but this time I wanted to see tiger (maybe cub) real close so thought of experiencing in my Thailand visit :D

Harbin, China
Destination Expert
for Kanchanaburi
Level Contributor
22,385 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: plz guide on genuine tiger temple details-Kanchanaburi

Hi,

I hope you can manage a visit to Kanchanaburi, two days will prove to be even more worthwhile.

Bengaluru, India
Level Contributor
95 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: plz guide on genuine tiger temple details-Kanchanaburi

Yeah Ajam now i see Kanchanaburi looks very scenic in pics ,but unfortunately I have only 2 days in BKK including Kanchanaburi ,already booked flight tickts for remaining days in Phuket

Looks like special charge of 1000THB in tiger temple is additional apart from regular admission charge of 600THB.

Also am not sure how it works but am sure there must be safe radio taxis in Thailand which charge on distance travelled basis as we have here in India?