We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

withdrawing money

Nha Trang, Vietnam
Level Contributor
34 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
withdrawing money

So i just took 20,000 baht out from an ATM which said the transfer fee would be 180baht, later on logged into my netbank to see they also charged extra 25$ for international atm withdrawal fee. Whats up with that? Since when is there rate like that?

Nha Trang, Vietnam
Level Contributor
34 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: withdrawing money

Atm belonged to Kasikorn bank

Chiang Khong...
Level Contributor
4,968 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: withdrawing money

Hi

you should have asked your bank before you left. what extra fees would be charged

every bank is different.

3. Re: withdrawing money

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 06 July 2014, 17:05
Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
40,776 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: withdrawing money

Check the Terms & Conditions of your bank for withdrawal fees. Are you sure it is a "withdrawal" fee or a "conversion" fee. The former is usuially the same whatever the amount of the withdrawal, the latter is based on the amount of the withdrawal.

Nha Trang, Vietnam
Level Contributor
34 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: withdrawing money

Just took another 10000baht from an atm of different bank and lost another 15$. Can only play the hand youve been dealt i guess :)

Victoria, Australia
Level Contributor
237 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: withdrawing money

I posted a similar thread a few weeks back...nobody seemed to understand what I was on about....in a way glad to hear that I'm not the only one being ripped off....(sorry)

First....is your card loaded with Thai Baht ?

if so, then you have been conned by the Thai banks (all of them do it) as part of your ATM experience to convert your withdrawal from Thai baht back to Australian dollars....an 8% cost to you...and a totally unnecessary charge..

The winners are the credit card providers ...MasterCard etc...who con you at the last step in the ATM withdrawal process to select an option where you pay "Dynamic Currency Conversion" TOTALLY FOR NO REASON....other than they pocket an 8% BONUS !! At your expense...and you would never know until you log in to your Travel card account and see that you have been ripped off...

I have e-mailed CommBank several times about this fraudulent practice...but guess what ?

They don't give a stuff....why ? because CommBank is full of thieves.....just read the papers....

Chiang Khong...
Level Contributor
4,968 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: withdrawing money

Hi

nobody was ripped off common word usage for people who didn't do their research and don't want to take responsibilty

people just never read or understand the fees that are charged before their trip they would much rather wait and blame someone else

every country and every bank is different

On my US bank visa debit card I have to pay a 3% fee to Visa to access my own money

am I getting ripped off NO am I happy about it NO I was quite "vocal" when talking to my banker before I left

she agreed it wasn't customer friendly but was out of her hands and nothing she could do

Kanchanaburi...
Level Contributor
239 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: withdrawing money

Would Travellers' Cheques be a much better way to go?

Link to K-Bank is below:-

kasikornbank.com/EN/…ForeignExchange.aspx

Win

Nha Trang, Vietnam
Level Contributor
34 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: withdrawing money

Mate if you would understand monetary system you would understand just how bad youve been ripped off. With or without the extra fee, extra fee just makes it Unbelievably riddicilous

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
40,776 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: withdrawing money

If you understand the monetary system so well and you read, understood and agreed to the Terms & Conditions of the bank you use, how can you have been ripped off? No-one forced you to use that card or that method of changing money. Like anything else, if you don't like it, don't use it!