We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

transfer Kanchanaburi to Hua Hin

London, United...
Level Contributor
56 posts
33 reviews
Save Topic
transfer Kanchanaburi to Hua Hin

What is the rate for a car transfer from Bangkok airport to Kanchananburi town and then three days later to Hua Hin. Normally I use Mr Roong for my transfers but he doesn't seem to answer his emails - is he still in business?

Harbin, China
Destination Expert
for Kanchanaburi
Level Contributor
21,086 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: transfer Kanchanaburi to Hua Hin

Hi,

The exact rate will of course depend on who you use. I would budget for about 2,500 baht from Bangkok to Kanchanaburi and a little more for the second part of your trip.

Edited: 13 July 2014, 03:43
London, United...
Level Contributor
56 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: transfer Kanchanaburi to Hua Hin

Thank you - it's just what I thought it would be

Kanchanaburi...
Level Contributor
1,087 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: transfer Kanchanaburi to Hua Hin

Hi

A car transfer from Bangkok to Kanchanaburi is 2,000 baht and a car transfer from Kanchanaburi to Hua Hin is about 2,500 to 3,000 baht.

London, United...
Level Contributor
56 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: transfer Kanchanaburi to Hua Hin

Thank you - I have never been to Kanchanaburi but am looking forward to it.I see you are from that area and I presume it is easy to negotiate a taxi from there to Hua Hin. Any tips you may have on tours and operators would be appreciated. Again, thank you

Harbin, China
Destination Expert
for Kanchanaburi
Level Contributor
21,086 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: transfer Kanchanaburi to Hua Hin

Hi,

You can arrange transport through your hotel/guest house or a local travel agent. Do check out Tois Tours for a start, it is one of several agents which organizes tours locally. Also, a cheaper way of travelling between Kanchanaburi and Hua Hin is by minivan.

Kanchanaburi...
Level Contributor
239 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: transfer Kanchanaburi to Hua Hin

You could also try the Mini Bus service from Bangkok to Kan and then from Kan to Hua Hin, a lot cheaper BTW, however if this is not what you require, ask your Bangkok Hotel to arrange something similar or ask both Andy and Judy as they could help you as you have done so far, as I drive my own car.

Win

Kanchanaburi...
Level Contributor
239 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: transfer Kanchanaburi to Hua Hin

Hi Andy,

You just beat me with your post.

Win

Harbin, China
Destination Expert
for Kanchanaburi
Level Contributor
21,086 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: transfer Kanchanaburi to Hua Hin

Hi Win,

We almost always travel to Kanchanaburi by bus but last time we managed to get up for the early train which is a far nicer way to travel to K.

Kanchanaburi...
Level Contributor
239 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: transfer Kanchanaburi to Hua Hin

Hi Andy,

So the early morning train is good from Bangkok to Kan?

What were the views then?, apart from stopping at NP to see the Largest Pagoda in the world, half way to this province?

I would really like to know, as the roads are flat, from Bangkok to Kan, and I drive then week in ,week out.

So what are the views then Andy from your train ride? Wooden seats, Open Air Con (windows open) (I like that very much BTW) the freshness of air as we travel around Thailand.

Win

Harbin, China
Destination Expert
for Kanchanaburi
Level Contributor
21,086 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: transfer Kanchanaburi to Hua Hin

Hi Win,

The views are nothing spectacular but at least you are away from the road. Of course, the journey is slow and it isn't to everyone's taste sitting on wooden seats for three hours or so. I was referring to the regular train and not the special weekend one. Do try it some time !

Cheers, Andy.