We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Krabi Resort or Somkiet Buri Resort?

New Zealand
Level Contributor
375 posts
91 reviews
Save Topic
Krabi Resort or Somkiet Buri Resort?

Hi

My husband and I are travelling to Thailand with our 23yr daughter. We will be in the Krabi area for 6 days. At the moment I am considering the above resorts. I like the Krabi Resort as it has a beach front location but I am a little concerned if the noise during the day from the longtail boats would be a problem, not that I expect to stay in the resort all day of course.

The Somkiet Buri Resort also looks intesting. It seems to offer a lovely unique setting but gets very mixed reviews.

I would love to hear from anyone who is familiar with both resorts and learn a little more about them and which would be the better one to stay at. Cheers

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
359 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Krabi Resort or Somkiet Buri Resort?

Hi Kiwi 07,

Stayed at the Krabi Resort last May 7 days Deluxe bungalow. Can recommend, is the only resort right on the beachfront, can eat your brekky watching the waves. Next to a row of restuarants, and central to Main shopping area, very comfortable rooms, decent B/F. No noise from the longtails, only noise from the sea. Go for beachfront bungalow. Have not stayed at the Somkiet, so cannot comment. PM me if you have other questions.

Jill.

Buriram, Thailand
Level Contributor
741 posts
208 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Krabi Resort or Somkiet Buri Resort?

Of the two I would say Krabi Resort ha to be the one. Beachfront and , as said above, no sound from the boats. The nearest point they will come is a couple of hundred metres away. There's also direct access on the outcrop of rocks which is a lovely place to sit close to sunset. That said, maybe someone who has been there in the last two years can confirm if the beach bungalows have been renovated as they were looking a little old. I thought the new rooms, in two storey blocks looked very comfortable.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
359 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Krabi Resort or Somkiet Buri Resort?

Yes, the Krabi Resort has been renovated. Have a look at the web-page

www.krabiresort.com/krabiresort.html

Certain people have said that is a "tired" resort - when we were there last year it had not yet been renovated, but to us it was old but not tired.

The location is the best, in that you can walk straight out of your bungalow onto the beach of the northern headland of Ao Nang beach and have a scrumptious brekky whilst watching and listening to the slapping waves. About 1km a beautiful walk along the beach to Golden beach to visit with the monkeys and endulge in a glorious massage in one of the 21 huts right on the beach.

I can tell you so much more .... cannot wait to return.

Jill x Krabi Lover

New Zealand
Level Contributor
375 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Krabi Resort or Somkiet Buri Resort?

Thanks guys, you have both been very helpful. Krabi resort it is, but we will probably go for the deluxe rooms in the hotel block as we have to get two and they work out cheaper plus they look very nice on their website. The resort certainly looks like it has been refurbished going by their photos. Can't wait! First time to this part of Thailand.

5. Re: Krabi Resort or Somkiet Buri Resort?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 October 2009, 17:18