We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Emerald Pool & Hot Spring

Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
98 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Emerald Pool & Hot Spring

Hi all,

I'll be in Krabi in next 2 weeks from now. Just want to find out, how much it will cost for taxi/tuk tuk (return trip) from AoNang to Emerald Pool & Hot Spring? How long the journey?

Cheers...

Sue

england
Level Contributor
12 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Emerald Pool & Hot Spring

Hi Sue,

We have just rturned from Ao Nang, we went to the Emerald pool/ Hot springs after hiring a moped for the day! Very cheap way of doing it and it was great fun, saw parts of Krabi you wouldnt normally see from a taxi.

The cost was £3 for the moped for the day, And we filled up with petrol twice £3!!!!!! It took an hour to ride there.

The organized day trips are about 400-500 Baht (£8-£10) per person, though you may be able to negotiate these prices.

You get picked up at your hotel and taken for the day, prob return about 2pm with water fruit and food included.

Hope this helps

enjoy!!!

Damo

Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
98 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Emerald Pool & Hot Spring

Hi AoTohKo,

Thanks for the info. It's really help.

One question, if I intend to hire moped, what are relevant documents needed? licence?

You did mentioned, the trip costs abt 400-500 Baht (£8-£10) per person, is this for return trip?

Thanks again...

Krabi
Level Contributor
110 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Emerald Pool & Hot Spring

Hi Suee

Yes! you can do for moped if you prefer. they need your passport while rent and you must carefull all while rent. this cost not over 200 Baht/Day. or you can go by booking trip but must to following the time by that program they include all ex.include fee,include transfer,food. or private trip. i hope you enjoy and have a good trip.

Best Regards,

Krabibeachboy

england
Level Contributor
12 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Emerald Pool & Hot Spring

Hi,

Yes thats right you have to leave your passport as security deposit, And the Thai driving style can be a little scary so you have your wits about you! but dont let that put you off.

You dont need to provide a correct moped driving licence if that what your thinking?

The organised trips are all returns to your individual hotels so you dont have to worry about anything.

cheers

ATK

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
52 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Emerald Pool & Hot Spring

Hi Sue,

I just got back from a week in Krabi.

THere is another alternative to the other suggestions. There is a package that is opffered by travel operators which is called Jungle tour. Its consists of a trip to both emerald pool and hot spring, and also the tiger cave temple. it also includes lunches and all other fees.

The rate that i got from the tour operators is 900 baht per person

Regards,

Jason

Wigan, United...
Level Contributor
20 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Emerald Pool & Hot Spring

This sounds quite good.. Do you remember the name of the place offering this as I'm going in July? x

Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
98 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Emerald Pool & Hot Spring

It's sound good. The price also quite cheap. Is there any other activities that they offer?

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
52 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Emerald Pool & Hot Spring

You can get these day trips/tours from any travel agent you find on the streets of Aonang. All of them offer about similar tours and prices are about the same.

Regards,

Boody

Krabi
Level Contributor
110 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Emerald Pool & Hot Spring

As i know for jungle tour join trip they give 3 place for this trip(Emerald Pool,hot spring,tiger cave)

20-30 minute per place start from ao nang 08.00 AM - 04.30 AM back to the hotel. this trip include transfer,fruit softdring,entrance fee, guide,insurance.

What you can do at

-tiger cave(sitting in car from aonang about 25-30 minute)

Looking around temple sometime a lot monkey. you can see the cave(Life of monk)and Big tree in the jungle,but not enought time for walking up to the top of moutain 1,237 Step

on top you can see good view of Krabi and foot print of Bhudha.

-Hot spring(Sitting in car from aonang about 45 minute to 1.20 hrs.)

you can find restaurant for thai local food, and Relax into the Hot Spring Pool which is inside the Jungle.

-Emerald Pool(Sitting in car from aonang about 45 minute to 1.20 hrs.)

you must walking about 800 M. go to there and you can see Green and gold color of water you can swimming there with a little cold water.

and come back to the hotel. no more other activity.

Have a good trip

Krabibeachboy

Wigan, United...
Level Contributor
20 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Emerald Pool & Hot Spring

I've been looking into this myself and found the following tour with 'Unseen Excursion' which you can apparently book through your hotel or through local tour agents

Package C Jungle Tour + Elephant Trekking

Duration of the trip: 8.30 am. – 5.00 pm

One hour elephant ride though the forest

Exploring Tiger Cave Temple

Lunch with Thai style food

visit to a bird reserve and beautiful Crystal Clear Pool and enjoy a refreshing swim

Enjoy the Hot Springs natural spa

Prices range from 1750Bht/person for a half day tour and lasts from 8.30 till 5pm

The tour looks really good and there is lots of information and photos on this website, its definately worth a look:

krabi-beach-lover.com/elephant-trekking.html

If you click on the links at the bottom you can find out info about the other part of the tour.

Think we are going to be booking this ourselves

Hope this helps! Danielle xx

Get answers to your questions about Krabi Town
Recent Conversations